UV Lamp ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucydog77

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a student doing an nvq 2 in nail services and was wondering if any one could suggest what lamp to buy , the college offers the NSI one but just wondering if any one could give me a little advice ??
Thanks
Sara:Grope:

hi ya I use the IBD jet 5000 it is a two handed uv lamp featuring heat & fan you can even adjust the lamp height for pedicures. it is very good for the money. never had any problems with it. :)

I would buy the lamp which is designed for the system that you use.

I would assume that your college offers the NSI lamp, because they are teaching you to use NSI gels?
If that's the case (which it should be :lol:) then go with the NSI lamp.

HTHs

In many cases, a certain Generic UV Lamp will cure any type of generic gel system.

BUT

Many gels are created specifically and are much more advanced chemically than generic gels and they need their own specific UV Lamp.

Some gels have more photo initiators than others and require UV Lamps that have a stronger output of UV than generic UV Lamps give.

So in some cases, it is very important to use the lamp that goes with the system you are using ... In other cases it is not so important.

What is important is knowing which systems are generic and which are not.​

may i ask how important the choice of uv lamp is, if i want to use it for a uv topcoat/finish only?

may i ask how important the choice of uv lamp is, if i want to use it for a uv topcoat/finish only?

I would think most generic UV Lamps will cure a top coat gel unless specified differently.

Latest posts

Back