uv lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...
I overhead a conversation yesterday 9ok ok yes i was ear-wigging!...lol) regarding uv lamps and curing gel and it has left me intregued to know the answer so....

Will the Brisa lamp cure other gels?...yes/no? or is this a grey area?

This subject has been discussed in a couple of posts recently. Type in UV lamps and see what you find. There are some very strong views as you will see regarding not mixing different gels and lamps! HTH

The Brisa UVLamp would age other gels that have higher levels of photoinitiator than Brisa Gels, becaue the bulbs used in the Brisa UVLamp are 'high emmission' bulbs and not just a normal uv bulb as are used in other lamps. The Brisa UVLamp in other words would be too much for any other gel.

Brisa has a very low level of photoinitiators. This is precisely the reason the product does not yellow, does not go brittle, has low heat, is colour stable and why there is always a complete cure with the lamp so no risk of overexposure to your clients.

The facts expressed in the other posts were not 'views' or opinions, but the facts.

geeg said:
The Brisa UVLamp would age other gels that have higher levels of photoinitiator than Brisa Gels, becaue the bulbs used in the Brisa UVLamp are 'high emmission' bulbs and not just a normal uv bulb as are used in other lamps. The Brisa UVLamp in other words would be too much for any other gel.

Brisa has a very low level of photoinitiators. This is precisely the reason the product does not yellow, does not go brittle, has low heat, is colour stable and why there is always a complete cure with the lamp so no risk of overexposure to your clients.

The facts expressed in the other posts were not 'views' or opinions, but the facts.
Sorry Geeg, I was not trying to deny the facts as you and GMG posted, but as you can see there are posts from technicians that are mixing gels and lamps, rightly or wrongly, and they are expressing their views as I put it. That may be a dangerous practice, but nevertheless it is what they state they are doing. Personally, even if it is more expensive in the long run, I would not risk the mix and match idea because I am concerned about the risks involved. Hope this clarifies what I meant!

Do-it-all Deb said:
Sorry Geeg, I was not trying to deny the facts as you and GMG posted, but as you can see there are posts from technicians that are mixing gels and lamps, rightly or wrongly, and they are expressing their views as I put it. That may be a dangerous practice, but nevertheless it is what they state they are doing. Personally, even if it is more expensive in the long run, I would not risk the mix and match idea because I am concerned about the risks involved. Hope this clarifies what I meant!

There are several risk factors asociated with using the wrong lamp for the system one is using. The most important being under curing of the product for this leads eventually to allegic reaction. Others include excess shrinkage, yellowing, excess heat, centre pocket lifting etc which are more immediate signs.

There are not many companies who truly manufacture their own gel, so there will be many gels that all come from the same manufacturer that may cure with the same UVLamp ... but we the technicians do not know which ones are all the same. We can tell however which ones are really different, and those are the more sophisticated lines with the better known names for a general guideline.

I remember Doug Schoon telling us that the last thing Creative wanted to do was to have to manufacture a different lamp, for the obvious reason that no one likes to go to the extra expense of buying it.

But Brisa is a very different gel from others.
It is a methacrylate gel where all the other are acrylate based and acrylates are known allergens.
Brisa is hypoallergenic etc etc.
For more information I urge anyone who is interested to look under tutorials at the Brisa Q&A's. Almost every question regarding Brisa Gels can be answered there.

Latest posts

Back