UV/LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSnow

Reaction score
Hello... wondering if someone can help me understand something regarding my new "sunuv" lamp which is UV/LED. I've only ever gotten gels at a nail salon a few times, and every time the gel lasted a really really long time. I recently ordered a lamp for myself along with some gel nail polishes and in their instructions, as well as other gel instuctions I've read online, say to cure it for 1-2 minutes if using a UV lamp and 60 seconds if using an LED lamp. The 2 times I've used my lamp I've cured for 60 seconds. Nails look good and don't chip on their own, but I've found it really easy to peel off. So easy that I don't need to soak anything off in order to try a new color. I wonder if that has anything to do with the curing time... if it's a UV slash LED lamp, how long should I cure the gel for? And is the easy peeling a result of undercuring or just the brand of gel? Thanks!!!

Your lamp is part of the problem because you should always use the lamp designed for the product range you are using.
I strongly recommend that you get some proper training in gel nails, otherwise, you risk developing a lifelong allergy to the products from incorrect use of the chemicals or using cheap unregulated products.

Generic lamps will often lead to allergies developing after a period of use. It might take a few months before you notice your finger tips itching, but if that happens, it’s too late and you’ve become allergic.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/u...-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/

Latest posts

Back