UV/LED lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelicka

Reaction score
Hi there,

what would you say are the top brands for UV/LED lamps for professional use?

Thanks,
Angelicka

The brand I work with doesn't supply UV lamps.

That would be a red flag for me. How can you be sure that the product has properly cured unless the brand has had it tested with their lamp or another brands lamp? Can I ask what brand this is please?

I use Trinity. Most brands which don't have their own, usually would just say what type of lamp, i.e UV or LED and wattage. Surely that's enough?

I use Trinity. Most brands which don't have their own, usually would just say what type of lamp, i.e UV or LED and wattage. Surely that's enough?

Unfortunately not. I'd really recommended reading the thread @Noodle posted above.

Most professional brands either manufacture their own lamp or recommended one from another brand

I've never heard of Trinity. Is it this? Nail Supply Online Shop | Trinity USA | United States If so, I've also managed to get to checkout without proof of certificates

Last edited:
That's the one. What do you mean get to checkout?

That's the one. What do you mean get to checkout?

I've put products in my basket and reached the payment screen. Therefore anyone can order from their site, without actually being a qualified professional

Oh, without certificates you mean. It reads with, so I got a bit confused. Are you from the US? In the UK, the average joe can get hold of a lot of beauty supplies

Oh, without certificates you mean. It reads with, so I got a bit confused. Are you from the US? In the UK, the average joe can get hold of a lot of beauty supplies

Ohhh, my bad... sloppy typing.

No I'm in the UK. I get my products from CJP, salon services, sweet squared and a couple of others occasionally. I had to send off my certificates before shopping on all of these.
Yes people can get hold of most things, which I think is a bad thing. This past year has shown a huge increase in home-users and the damage some of these people have done is shocking. Allergic reactions from crazy cheap gels, holes in natural nails from e-filing with absolutely no training. Plus it takes away the luxury from a salon visit. People think our jobs are easy and products are cheap, thinking we are just money-grabbing

I agree. I'm also a hairdresser, and the botched jobs I've had to fix.. Saying that though, would you say a company is less credible just because anyone can get hold of their products?

I would say that a company has good ethics, if they require certificates. The brands know they could get more money by offering their products to home users, , but it would be wrong people to allow people to use them without the right training. It also protects the nail techs. We get access to exclusive products and keeps our product costs private.

Not every brand requires certificates, and that's fine. But for me personally, no matching lamp and no certificates, is a big no-no

I agree. I'm also a hairdresser, and the botched jobs I've had to fix.. Saying that though, would you say a company is less credible just because anyone can get hold of their products?

Hi, welcome

Who did you do your nails training with? It's usually a good starting point for brand recommendations.

It's not as easy as "this is the best nail lamp to use".

Which nail lamp you use, depends on many other factors. If these factors are not used together, recommending you a single nail lamp does not matter.

Here's the kicker, most lamps will harden the gel, but there's a lot more to it than becoming hard. Which is why there's such a wide range of problems after the service is done and paid for.

I would recommend getting a nail course, but I'm not entirely sure how well these courses are taught, thus you wasting thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back