UV Light and Pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel_delight74

Reaction score
Although I've read the articles on pregnancy and they all seem to say the same thing, which is that "Nail Enhancements are not harmful during pregnancy"...I'm trusting therefore that this also means that the UV light is not harmful.?

I have had a client in today who is 4 weeks pregnancy and wants a set of Gel nails (we use IBD).......I've booked the appoinment (to ensure she can get one) but just wanted to check with you all before I actually went ahead with the booking

Thanks in advance

angel_delight

The exposure to UV light is minimal, one of the main risks of UV light in pregnancy is skin pigmentation, ie sunbeds. You are quite safe to treat her.

The main issues here are due to hypersensitivity during pregnancy as all sorts of things are causing chemical imbalances within the body.....like u don't know this bit....

however this can mean a possibility of a reaction to some component of the application.

For insurance reasons these things should be brought up and a disclaimer signed.

Before anyone reads into all this, obviously your using a sanitiser....well this could cause an allergic reaction.

As for UV ( the type emitted by all good lightboxes can do no harm for the right amount of time ) You get more exposure to harmful UV walking to the shops.

angel_delight74 said:
Although I've read the articles on pregnancy and they all seem to say the same thing, which is that "Nail Enhancements are not harmful during pregnancy"...I'm trusting therefore that this also means that the UV light is not harmful.?

I have had a client in today who is 4 weeks pregnancy and wants a set of Gel nails (we use IBD).......I've booked the appoinment (to ensure she can get one) but just wanted to check with you all before I actually went ahead with the booking

Thanks in advance

angel_delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back