UV rays and L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph

Reaction score
as the holiday season is here, i would just like to recap on some basic knowledge, also not sure how creative products wear compared to other l&p's.
do my clients need to protect thier nails from UV rays to avoid yellowing? if so which is the best way of doing this.

Creative enhancements do not yellow when exposed to UV rays (natural or sunbeds).
SolarOil everyday to keep them supple.
They can be worn buffed to a high gloss shine or with SuperShiney top coat which is also non yellowing and fast drying -- no worries

Geeg, I saw a cient's nails today which will shortly be due for infills and which I did the white acrylic on and although not really bad it has still gone an off white colour. She's not been on sunbeds - she's an elderly lady of 76 8) What do you think could be going wrong here :?: :?

Hi
I had a problem a few weeks ago with discolouring of french acrylic..........I asked my customer was she wearing gloves to do the household chores as the chemicals in some prodiuts would cause this.
She did not :D now she does problem solved :D
Take care Dawnie

Hi!

Dont mean to sound daft, but what does L&P stand for!!!

Lou xxx :D

louise said:
Hi!

Dont mean to sound daft, but what does L&P stand for!!!

Stands for Liquid and Powder - the correct term for what most people call acrylic - but all nail systems are acrylic based.

Thankyou!!!

Feel really daft now! Ha Ha!!!

New to all this and only just getting use to all the abreviations!

As Dawnie says, hands should be protected from some household chemicals (although I never wear rubber gloves :oops: )
Tea can stain as can curry - is the yelowing on ALL the nails or just some of them. I had a lady once who used to squeeze her tea bags out all the time and guess what? The nails on the squeezing hand were yellowed.
Whatever, for sure she is getting in to something.

thanks for the advice, i feel much more confident now and proud of my product.
will keep an eye out for any discoloration of the whites. although i have applied pink and whites on a colleugue who's a hairdresser ( a messy one at that) and even when she has got colour on them it has buffed away so easily and the shine has come back through. to give her credit, she does apply top coat to protect them but i think a plate of armour would be more approprite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back