UV top coat cured on normal nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi, I am not sure if this is really stupid and i havent got round to trying to see what happens yet. Obviously it wouldnt work like gelish or gelicure or the others. But i was thinking if i done a nail art using normal polish could i use a uv top coat and cure it for long lasting results???

x

I use ibd uv top coat on normal nail polish it's really good and makes the polish lasts so much longer x

Thank you so do you think its worth doing. Obviously i wouldnt buy the product from ebay, but i just done a search to see what brands etc come up. But most didnt say a time you need to cure. I have just started doing gelicure, so i do have that top coat. But wanted to maybe look for something a bit cheaper. I have seen nubar do this, is this any good, but doesnt say a time for curing.

Nubar treatments UV Cure Top Coat

How long do you need to cure yours for, and do you have a link of the product you use please :)

x

I cure it for 2 mins and nae sure how to give u a link to it but u get it from beauty express x

Do you think the nubar one i have put a link for may work? the link is under lined in red on the above post

I have found IBD to chip when used over a normal nail varnish, but I usually use Seche UV in conjunction with seche clear and it works great

I would think so but it really doesn't say how long or nothing and haven't heard of the brand either x

I know I have seen a other brand called seche as well seen it on you tube x

I just tried this technique out of curiosity and it's really worked!!
I used the Shellac base coat followed by two coats of my favourite regular Barry M nail polish followed by a coat of Shellac top coat. Really impressed with the result. It probably wont last as long as a full Shellac application i'm guessing and I wont be offering it to my clients but still, looks and feels amazing!
x

i use gelicure, so have just purchased the nubar uv top coat. I cure it for 2 mins, and it works a treat xx

Hi Guys, I'm really new to the site, i've a salon and we've been open about a year now and getting better everyday.

I just read this and I'm curious, I've done the Gelish course and tried using the base coat, top coat with a normal polish in between and I get mixed results. Sometimes it works fine and others the polish goes a little funny. With ibd uv top coat can you use that on its own, without a base coat.

I've also a load of top coats from Salon Services and I tried putting that on top of a nail art I had done and it went awful.

Whats people general thoughts with Gel etc. I've been advised by another salon that LCN gel is brilliant for gel overlay of natural nails etc.

What do people use and what outcome have they had with various ones?

Massive thanks

I have gel extensions and I prefer the natural to the pink and whites but I decided to change it up with a normal white polish so I could change it quickly if I didn't like it. So I did the polish and put the uv topcoat on and the polish bubbled :( I use the ENP system for gel nails and their Gella 2 week polish.

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back