UV Top Coat for Polished Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbylexi

Reaction score
With my Manicures and Pedicures I am trying to find a UV Top Coat that I can apply after I have polished the nails so they can just walk right out. (It's not to appealing to have my client walk out in the snow with foam flip flops.)

I have tried EZ Flows UV Top Coat and it does not work.

What do you all use?

are you using Speed Finish top coat or the Gel It topcoat?

I use Speed Finish over polish, and can't say that I've ever had a problem with it.

I tried Millenium uv top coat as my first tutor told me it was a great way of making your polish last longer.
It DIDN'T work :sad:

UV Top coats over polished nails has always confused me, I guess its because ive never done it.
My question is ... with a uv top coat, would it need to be buffed off? or can it just simply be removed with polish remover?

Super Shiney spritzed with solar speed spray does the job just as nicely.

why dont you try coloured gel its great it dry under a uv lamp and last for weeks ive neva gone back and you clients will love it for winter and go back to polishes summer!!!!

spa ritual have this great product that is a base coat and a top coat i also like NSIs uv bouce back i think its called. the totally clear gel works well.

Glaze n Go by NSI is a good product with no sticky layer to wipe off. Enamel needs about 15 mins to dry before using it though, otherwise it won't cure properly or smoothly.

Glaze n Go by NSI is a good product with no sticky layer to wipe off. Enamel needs about 15 mins to dry before using it though, otherwise it won't cure properly or smoothly.

OH..... Maybe that is what I am not doing....Waiting long enough for the nail polish to dry before I put the top coat on!!

I will try that!

Also new to nails. what is NSI??

never used it on enamel - only on l/p - does anyone else have success with this???(on enamel i mean)

when i do french or polish over natural nails it never seems to last more than 5 days and i don't know why. Base coat, polish/french and a uv top coat or fast drying top coat. I have used quite afew and still looking for one that will last more than a week, i have used IBD uv top coat, glaze and go, out the door, NSI uv top coat IBD fast dry top coat can anyone else reccommend one.

I do use a good base coat and i thought i might act as a barrier between the polish and the nail bed as when i do nail enhancements the polish is still there after 3 weeks and the acrylic acts as a barrier if you know what i mean.

Latest posts

Back