UV topcoat for over natural nails?!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a UV topcoat that you can use over natural nails i.e. not nails with enhancements? I'm at a bit of a loss since CND discontinued UV Dry. :cry:

OPI UV Seal, and UV top Coat in the translucent blue bottle...

OPI UV Seal, and UV top Coat in the translucent blue bottle...

WOOO HOOO!!!! That's fantastic news!!! I'm dead chuffed! I'll phone Lena White this afternoon to enquire about it!

Thank you so much!!! :green:

just ask her again as Im not sure the blue bottle is still available lol... but I sure tried for the UV Seal ;) but let me know if she tells you the opposite

I noticed you mentioned UV dry is discontinued. I just bought some today. My salon has also got some in the past few weeks.

Just wanted to let you know just in case you were looking for some still. I got mine from Cosmo Pro and Beauty Alliance

I noticed you mentioned UV dry is discontinued. I just bought some today. My salon has also got some in the past few weeks.

Just wanted to let you know just in case you were looking for some still. I got mine from Cosmo Pro and Beauty Alliance

Hi,
I've been wondering about this for a while so when I saw this thread it sort of answers my question but does this mean that you can infact use UV topcoat over natural nails meaning that you still cure it for the 3 mins:rolleyes: sorry to be soo dumb but I've never tried it so I assume that the nail varnish will last ages :) but then do you have to buff it off as you do on nail extensions?

I would appreciate any answers thanks:hug:

Kate xx

Hi
NSI Glaze and go is a good one.. I use this over a french manicure, the manicure last longer... xx:eek:

Hi
NSI Glaze and go is a good one.. I use this over a french manicure, the manicure last longer... xx:eek:

Do you still have to buff it off as you would for nail extensions?:rolleyes:

Thanks

Kate xxx

Do you still have to buff it off as you would for nail extensions?:rolleyes:

Thanks

Kate xxx

NSI Glaze N Go has to be buffed off (will not soak off) but its not for natural nails. It a top coat for Gel and L&P HTH

NSI Glaze N Go has to be buffed off (will not soak off) but its not for natural nails. It a top coat for Gel and L&P HTH

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a UV topcoat that you can use over natural nails i.e. not nails with enhancements? I'm at a bit of a loss since CND discontinued UV Dry. :cry:
the question originally was for natural nails??:confused: so I'd like to know if you can put a uv top coat on top of natural nails? surely you'd have to buff it off or is this not the case?

Thanks anyone out there who can help

Kate x

the question originally was for natural nails??:confused: so I'd like to know if you can put a uv top coat on top of natural nails? surely you'd have to buff it off or is this not the case?

I'm wondering the same. Wouldn't a UV topcoat just crack over a natural nail - it wouldn't be able to bend like the natural nail, correct?

No, you do not need to buff off the UV top coat. It can be removed be acetone. I have been using Creatives UV dry Pro Finish top coat for a few weeks now. Its used as a top coat, then put under a UV light for a few minutes. It truley comes out HARD, SHINEY and DRY!! I have been experiencing some problems with it peeling off. But there can be a lot of factors behind that.
1) Im not using a very strong UV light. The Creative lamp used with the Creative Pro Finish has, I believe, (4) 5 watt bulbs. The lamp Im using has only (1) 9 watt. So the strength is not the same.
2) Im not using a Creative polish color. Ive been using Creatives Scrubfresh, Sticky, OPI, and UV top coat. A rep at Creative said it shouldnt be a problem them, as long as your prep work is all the same system
3) I still wonder if it has something to do with the moisture in my gloves at work. My polish remained PERFECT over the last 2 days Ive had off work. As soon as I put on gloves today to do a pedicure a corner chipped off, then proceeded to peel away after a bit longer.

So I may need to do a bit more trial and error for a while to see what works for me.

But I have been using Creatives HEAT DRY top coat. So far, very pleased! Its used as a top coat, then meant to be dried under a normal 60 watt bulb (under any desk lamp usually) for 3 minutes. And it stays hard and shiney for days. Or until you put on gloves like me! Grrr....

I hope this helped!!

Hi, this is my first post on here, NSI do a product called Thermoshield which can be cured under a UV lamp or 60 watt bulb, it dries hard and shiny and can be removed with nail polish remover, also it doesn't make nail polish crack like Glaze and Go does.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back