vapor rub for feet?????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aunaturale

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone else on here heard of putting vapor rub on your feet for the cracked heels?
I was told this by another nail tech. Maybe someone with the really bad heels could try this at night with their heel covered?Just a thought,as I have seen several on here say they are looking for something for their own feet.

I've heard of it to treat fungal toe nail infections but not cracked heels - who know's ! maybe it is good for that too !

Amb xx

Yep I have heard its good for fungal nail infection but cracked heels ???????

Seriously, That is what she told me and one of the other girls made a little quip about it and she got mad and said "well,it DOES work"!!
I don't have the cracked heels to try it,but she seemed pretty convinced that it works.:)

Hi,
Has anyone else on here heard of putting vapor rub on your feet for the cracked heels?
I was told this by another nail tech. Maybe someone with the really bad heels could try this at night with their heel covered?Just a thought,as I have seen several on here say they are looking for something for their own feet.

Hi
Now that sounds seriously appealing to us hairdressers who are on their feet all day
if someone offered me a vapor rub for my aching feet I would jump at the chance,
I'm definitely gonna give it a try :green:
I suppose when the vapor wears off you are just left with something like a petroleum base a mineral base which would coat and soften the skin , sounds good to me

Well, I have never tried the vapour rub and to be honest whether it works or not I wouldn't even suggest it to my clients. Why on earth would you tell your clients to go and buy a jar of vapour rub for a couple of pounds (not knowing whether it will do the job) when you could retail them a professional product for £20 which has guaranteed results. JMHO
David

Well, I have never tried the vapour rub and to be honest whether it works or not I wouldn't even suggest it to my clients. Why on earth would you tell your clients to go and buy a jar of vapour rub for a couple of pounds (not knowing whether it will do the job) when you could retail them a professional product for £20 which has guaranteed results. JMHO
David

Oh right I think they meant for personal use not clientel,
Surely there is a menthol foot rub that you could use for professional use that you would be happy with?
but I for one will use it for personal use,
not on customers ,(unless there is a professional one you can happily recommend ?
any advice will be welcome :hug: x?

in theory i think it would work. as someone mentioned before, it appears to be a petroleum jelly base, so that would moisturise and i would think the menthol evaporating would have a nice cooling effect too.

its worth bearing in mind though that a plant based oil is more deeply penetrating than a mineral oil like petroleum jelly. so you would probably do a better job with olive oil if not investing in a professional product.

Well it would certainly make your feet smell nice I suppose....a bit greasy though?

I treat my feet with petroleum jelly and it works better than anything else for me.I put loads on and then put on cotton socks overnight.
As said before vapour rub is just petroleum jelly with some essential oils.
I have recommended it to clients to try as well .We have been through this in another thread and i see nothing wrong in it.Unless of course you are working in a salon and you are supposed to be retailing foot cream.

I'd rather use my Cucumber Heel Therapy any day of the week!!!!!!! The results are proven and when used in conjunction with a Spa Pedicure and the relevant products you just can't beat it (IMO) :D

I'd rather use my Cucumber Heel Therapy any day of the week!!!!!!! The results are proven and when used in conjunction with a Spa Pedicure and the relevant products you just can't beat it (IMO) :D
I'll save my vapor rub for a wracking cough, I know it works there, Cucumber Heel Therapy is THE BOMB, not just for heels, elbows, psoriasis(worked better for me than the awful prescription cream and cost a whole lot less), knees...Cucumber is the only way to go!

Yep, I'm with everyone who loves Cucumber Heel therapy - it is fab and I use it anywhere where I need deep moisturising - infact I mentioned on a thread some time ago that I put great dollops on my hands and then put my gardening gloves on :lol: it ensures my hands are nice and soft and my leather gardening gloves are nice and supple:wink2::wink2:

Yep, I'm with everyone who loves Cucumber Heel therapy - it is fab and I use it anywhere where I need deep moisturising - infact I mentioned on a thread some time ago that I put great dollops on my hands and then put my gardening gloves on :lol: it ensures my hands are nice and soft and my leather gardening gloves are nice and supple:wink2::wink2:

Hi
Who makes this cucumber heel therapy and where can I get it from?:hug: x
I want some too :cry:

I use solar butter on my feet in fact i use it everywhere i ahve dry skin. dont fancy the thought of vapour rub on my feet but i dont like the feel of marine masque either.

Latest posts

Back