Varicous veins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
i know by reading some previous threads posted on here that you should'nt massage over varicous veins, however i wondered if it is still ok to massgae to foot avoiding the ankle where the veins are. Also does using an exfoliater on the feet affect this at all or is it still safe to do so?

Also 'm just starting out and want to invest in some book for back up, extra hints & tips and general guidance. Can you reccomend any? which one is your nail bible?

thanks

hi Stacey
i have never had a nail bible so to speak...but have had many nail books!!!
i have always wanted miladys art and science of nail technology hich is supposed to b brilliant!!
to be totally honest i find my greaest source of information is this website........ i know more now than i ever did and it has made me a better nail tech
hth

think i mat have to take my nail length down my typing is very poor soory

I can help you a little here since I primarily do pedicures (fast, easy money!!) I have had clients with varicose veins, and the best thing to do is ask them if they have any discomfort in the legs at all. Ask them if they would mind a gentle exfoliation, and a gentle massage...remember...the key word being GENTLE. I usually stay off of the legs anyway, and just concentrate below the ankle. This makes things easier because you don't have to worry about hurting them. Hope this helps!

thanks for that i'm sure that if you that they dont mind but i was wondering what the actual medical complecations could be if there are any?

I have a very good reference book, Elaine Almond, Manicure, Pedicure, and advanced nail techniques ISBN 1-86152-689-x, everything you want to know about nails, business info, diseases etc

Deb379

Hiya Stacy,
I would say that your best reference source is the web. I use it for everything :D

Latest posts

Back