various questions - home salon/insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
Well.... I have searched the archives and can't find the answers to my newest set of 'I'm an annoying over excited newbie' questions! :D

Can anyone shed any light on any of the following please?

I have a very large spare bedroom in my newly built house which is begging to be a home salon sometime in the future, it is on the 1st floor at the front of the house, but you don't need to go via any other room in my home to gain access and has cloaks facilities - so, hopefully it will not interrupt normal life IYKWIM, so...........

will the public liability insurance offered after CND foundation course cover a home salon or do I have to go elsewhere? Apart from informing my house insurer of working from a room in my house, is there any other insurance wise or other that I am missing/overlooking?

what do you have in your home salon? what is the norm?
do you have anything quirky?
do you have a coffee machine, water dispenser, music, spare couch etc
do you put your address on business cards - and if so, does/has this attract/ed weirdo's?

What is your biggest, bestest tip or something I absolutely must/must not do???Too many questions, I'm sorry! Both excited and scared at the same time, been wanting to quit the rat race and do this for 6 years, finally got the nerve from somewhere 8) - I want to do this right good and proper. ;)

Thank you

Katie
x

Well if I can make it short and not essay length...............
If your are running a business from home, then you will require a special type insurance for your house ......as you are running a business from there...................
and all rooms are accessible to the general public............higher risk of theft aso.................

If the room you are using is totaly seperate from the other rooms, and no entrance can be gained to your other rooms in the house..........
I.e seperate entrance................then you can get a seperate insurance, to cover this room(salon), business insurance............

Your Nail Tech insurance will cover your work, product liability aso.............but not house contence.............It is a nail Technicians insurance that covers you in the place you happen to be working in..........home or mobile or Salon............

You will need to speak to your insurers and find out how this will effect your current policy.................

hope this helps

Does anyone have any idea how much extra this costs when changing your house insurance to include a home salon?

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back