Vegan cruelty free gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My colleague uses Semilac (beautiful coverage, especially their glittery gels) it’s a Polish brand. There’s nothing on their website so I contacted them re vegan and cruelty free and they confirmed by email that their products are vegan and cruelty free.

Side note, China is working with L’Oréal to work with synthetic reconstructed skin. A quick simple google about China and its testing requirements leads you into a rabbit hole of articles about how the laws and industry is changing (ie, yes Body Shop is owned by L’Oréal, but Body Shop products are not sold there. Yes you can argue that but their parent company does, but where do you draw the line? I’d rather support a company/parent company that is working to change antiquated laws)

Don’t be vegan for vegans sake. Be ethical.

This article has an interesting infographic about animal testing in China. It seems that I was wrong - companies that produce in China may not need to test on animals, but I didn't know that their products can be inspected and tested on animals by their cosmetic regulator.

https://ethicalelephant.com/understanding-china-animal-testing-laws/

However, their is a pilot scheme to try to eliminate animal testing on foreign products. If this will be successful is anyone's guess - especially because animal testing is not about cosmetic safety, but putting up barriers to foreign products.

https://www.livekindly.co/china-to-pilot-program-that-would-put-an-end-to-cosmetic-animal-testing/

Hi all. Currently using gelish but I'm currently looking into vegan, cruelty free Gel's which would work better I think with the organic cruelty free manicure and pedicures I want to start doing. Does anyone have a good experiences with any particular brands? I've been looking at bio sculpture gel, gelicure. Not sure if gell11 is or gelesse? Have messaged but no responses yet. I'd like to offer gel's that have the least nasties in. But must be cruelty free, vegan. Getting really confused looking into it all mainly because I don't want to buy the wrong products. I'm concerned about them not lasting and being stuck with a load of gel's that don't last. Can anyone help advise. Doesn't anyone else offer more holistic approach to their treatments and only use vegan cruelty free products. What do you use and how do they work for you? Would really appreciate some experienced views.
Bluesky are vegan

Cruelty free nail products:
There is a section on glues that I have read:

Cyanoacrylate monomers are used in surgical medical procedures and requires rigorous testing on animals so it is fair to point out that some testing was done on animals on behalf of medical science. However, the cosmetic industry does not test these glues on animals as the safety of these glues were already established as safe a long time ago.
According to Schoon, animal testing is not an issue in the cosmetic industry as he isn't aware of any nail company that that performs such testing.

Oh I’m confused I was on the Gelish website and used there contact info? I’m getting stressed I can’t find vegan hard gel to use any help would be so appreciated thank you x

Have a look at Green Destiny Beauty, hope this helps.

Bluesky are vegan

Hey. How did you all get on with this? Did you make a decision? I have been driving myself crazy looking for the same thing and it's so difficult!!
They do exist but it's hard to find a brand that is professional only.

- Shellac say they are vegan but I'm not convinced they are cruelty free.

- Gelish I haven't been able to find anything that says they are vegan or cruelty free and I did read somewhere that they use kolinsky brushes...might have changed now... no idea, but if they were vegan and cf, they would probably be shouting about it! Haha

- INK London, I just saw that they sell kolinsky brushes for nail art and acrylic, which is a shame because I was going to go with them.

- Gelicure from Nubar sounds great but I saw something about them ceasing production in the US.

- Madam glam, not professional.

- Orly, not professional.

- Sparitual, I'm trying to find out if they have a gel polish??

- Jessica, I read that they are vegan and Cruelty Free but need to research some more.

- Cuccio naturale, need to research.

I'm also searching for everything else, waxing products, facial products etc if you have any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Currently using gelish but I'm currently looking into vegan, cruelty free Gel's which would work better I think with the organic cruelty free manicure and pedicures I want to start doing. Does anyone have a good experiences with any particular brands? I've been looking at bio sculpture gel, gelicure. Not sure if gell11 is or gelesse? Have messaged but no responses yet. I'd like to offer gel's that have the least nasties in. But must be cruelty free, vegan. Getting really confused looking into it all mainly because I don't want to buy the wrong products. I'm concerned about them not lasting and being stuck with a load of gel's that don't last. Can anyone help advise. Doesn't anyone else offer more holistic approach to their treatments and only use vegan cruelty free products. What do you use and how do they work for you? Would really appreciate some experienced views.

Try enailcouture gel polish and precious minerals polish’s, they are cruelty free and vegan and 10 free

Bluesky are vegan
Bluesy is made in China where it is the law that any cosmetics MUST be tested on animals ( unless the rules have been changed , but I would not trust it anyway ) . So for someone that wants to follow true veganism they would not be able to use Bluesky ,

Contact the companies directly and get their official advise. There’s a lot of confusion about vegan products.

I believe that only some products imported into China require animal testing, but the majority of it now is done in labs on reconstructed skin cells. China is starting to change out their animal testing policy.

Nail care and perfume products MADE in China are NOT required to be tested on animals (sun block and skin whitening products are).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...l-tests-is-salve-for-big-beauty-quicktake-q-a

There are also two Blue Skys. I don’t use either.

One is cheap as chips and on eBay. One has a better marketed brand (who I have seen on here). I have no idea if they’re vegan or cruelty free though.

Bio sculpture advertise their products as vegan and cruelty free.

They don't do a hard gel system (they do a hard gel top coat) but you can sculpt with their gel.

Bio sculpture offer two systems: evo which is a bottles with brushes inside and the original gel which is little pots. It's an expensive, top quality product and you have to train with them. You get quite a thick protective layer of gel with bio sculpture and the product gives full coverage, I can't think of any translucent or semi sheer finishes - of course you can do a clear overlay. It's very gentle on the nails and adheres very well

t's a trusted brand and new clients come to me because of the product.

Contact the companies directly and get their official advise. There’s a lot of confusion about vegan products.

I believe that only some products imported into China require animal testing, but the majority of it now is done in labs on reconstructed skin cells. China is starting to change out their animal testing policy.

Nail care and perfume products MADE in China are NOT required to be tested on animals (sun block and skin whitening products are).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...l-tests-is-salve-for-big-beauty-quicktake-q-a

There are also two Blue Skys. I don’t use either.

One is cheap as chips and on eBay. One has a better marketed brand (who I have seen on here). I have no idea if they’re vegan or cruelty free though.

But as I said for anyone wanting true vegan products then Chinese products are to be avoided . And I think you may have read the reports wrong :)

But as I said for anyone wanting true vegan products then Chinese products are to be avoided . And I think you may have read the reports wrong :)

I’m confused. Can you clarify?

I’m confused. Can you clarify?

The report says that although animal testing is not required by law it is NOT banned . And here - with the help of the Institute for In Vitro Sciences, “will end its requirements for tests on animals for cosmetics in the near future.” So it still goes on in China . Yes they are working towards not testing on animals but not as yet . So again for a true vegan they would not want to take a risk on anything made in China x

Hi,

I know that halo gel by pure nails is vegan friendly and is very reasonably priced!
Hope this helps x

I believe 'The Gel Bottle Inc' is vegan & cruelty free!

Latest posts

Back