Vegan cruelty free gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrscp

Reaction score
Hi all. Currently using gelish but I'm currently looking into vegan, cruelty free Gel's which would work better I think with the organic cruelty free manicure and pedicures I want to start doing. Does anyone have a good experiences with any particular brands? I've been looking at bio sculpture gel, gelicure. Not sure if gell11 is or gelesse? Have messaged but no responses yet. I'd like to offer gel's that have the least nasties in. But must be cruelty free, vegan. Getting really confused looking into it all mainly because I don't want to buy the wrong products. I'm concerned about them not lasting and being stuck with a load of gel's that don't last. Can anyone help advise. Doesn't anyone else offer more holistic approach to their treatments and only use vegan cruelty free products. What do you use and how do they work for you? Would really appreciate some experienced views.

Following this, my sister is vegan and at the moment it's all I hear from her. She has a large group of vegan friends and it would be good to offer vegan treatments.

INK London's products are vegan and cruelty free, as they are manufactured within the EU.
For strict vegans I'd also avoid kolisky brushes.

Hope this helps. :)

INK London's products are vegan and cruelty free, as they are manufactured within the EU.
For strict vegans I'd also avoid kolisky brushes.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks. Yes I've looked at INK a little confused as to if I'd prefer stocking the Ilac or xlac though. Which do you prefer? Currently have gelish only. Would be nice to offer a vegan alternative that's friendlier on the purse. I take it people charge slightly cheaper for INk than gelish?

Thanks. Yes I've looked at INK a little confused as to if I'd prefer stocking the Ilac or xlac though. Which do you prefer? Currently have gelish only. Would be nice to offer a vegan alternative that's friendlier on the purse. I take it people charge slightly cheaper for INk than gelish?

Depends completely what you are after, xLac is a one step colour, which doesn't require a base or top coat, but therefore is less durable and very quick to soak off. Perfect for a quicker, "file and polish" service. About 7 days + wear.
ILac is a hybrid gel polish, similar to Shellac in wearability, 14 days + wear.

I personally charge the same for my gel polish manicures depending on brand, but other people here might do it differently. Whatever works for you and suits your business. :)

Hi all. Currently using gelish but I'm currently looking into vegan, cruelty free Gel's which would work better I think with the organic cruelty free manicure and pedicures I want to start doing. Does anyone have a good experiences with any particular brands? I've been looking at bio sculpture gel, gelicure. Not sure if gell11 is or gelesse? Have messaged but no responses yet. I'd like to offer gel's that have the least nasties in. But must be cruelty free, vegan. Getting really confused looking into it all mainly because I don't want to buy the wrong products. I'm concerned about them not lasting and being stuck with a load of gel's that don't last. Can anyone help advise. Doesn't anyone else offer more holistic approach to their treatments and only use vegan cruelty free products. What do you use and how do they work for you? Would really appreciate some experienced views.
Hi! I'm looking into this too!

I though gelish was vegan/cruelty free?
I currently use cnd shellac and havnt had a straight answer from them so I'm guessing they're not!

Any other vegan brands people know of would be great to know! X

Hey. How did you all get on with this? Did you make a decision? I have been driving myself crazy looking for the same thing and it's so difficult!!
They do exist but it's hard to find a brand that is professional only.

- Shellac say they are vegan but I'm not convinced they are cruelty free.

- Gelish I haven't been able to find anything that says they are vegan or cruelty free and I did read somewhere that they use kolinsky brushes...might have changed now... no idea, but if they were vegan and cf, they would probably be shouting about it! Haha

- INK London, I just saw that they sell kolinsky brushes for nail art and acrylic, which is a shame because I was going to go with them.

- Gelicure from Nubar sounds great but I saw something about them ceasing production in the US.

- Madam glam, not professional.

- Orly, not professional.

- Sparitual, I'm trying to find out if they have a gel polish??

- Jessica, I read that they are vegan and Cruelty Free but need to research some more.

- Cuccio naturale, need to research.

I'm also searching for everything else, waxing products, facial products etc if you have any ideas??

Hey. How did you all get on with this? Did you make a decision? I have been driving myself crazy looking for the same thing and it's so difficult!!
They do exist but it's hard to find a brand that is professional only.

- Shellac say they are vegan but I'm not convinced they are cruelty free.

- Gelish I haven't been able to find anything that says they are vegan or cruelty free and I did read somewhere that they use kolinsky brushes...might have changed now... no idea, but if they were vegan and cf, they would probably be shouting about it! Haha

- INK London, I just saw that they sell kolinsky brushes for nail art and acrylic, which is a shame because I was going to go with them.

- Gelicure from Nubar sounds great but I saw something about them ceasing production in the US.

- Madam glam, not professional.

- Orly, not professional.

- Sparitual, I'm trying to find out if they have a gel polish??

- Jessica, I read that they are vegan and Cruelty Free but need to research some more.

- Cuccio naturale, need to research.

I'm also searching for everything else, waxing products, facial products etc if you have any ideas??

Hiya. I’m also looking into a Cruelty-Free approach. I’ve found 2 gel polishes that are Cruelty-Free and lovely products to use: CJelP and The Manicure Company.
I’ll be using Kaeso skincare (for now) I’m desperately trying to find a waxing system that is Cruelty-Free.........so if you find any, please advise!
Thanks. X

Yes I was assured that Gelish were cruelty free also.
It's great to hear about other brands too! X

Hi! I have a Holistic Salon in Plymouth. We use Neal's Yard Beauty products and Sienna wax. It's cruelty free. X

Animal testing has been banned for cosmetics in Europe for a number of years. So all can be considered cruelty free.

However, some products do contain animal ingredients - lanolin for example is used in some nail polish removers, fish scales and cochineal have been used in nail polish. You can also find animal products in perfumes:
https://filigree.co/blogs/news/what-is-a-vegan-perfume

One other point to consider - until very recently, all cosmetics imported into China had to be tested on animals. So find out if the brand sells in China.

However, Chinese cosmetic manufacturers DID NOT have to test their products on animals to sell in China. So this law clearly had little to do with product safety or animal care, but was a economic barrier to foreign companies selling in China and in the process sacrificed animal needlessly.

Animal testing has been banned for cosmetics in Europe for a number of years. So all can be considered cruelty free.

No quite true. If a salon gave me this as an answer I wouldn't be going to them because I instantly know they don't understand what cruelty free is. If a product is sold in China then it is tested on animals. Therefore loads of products sold in Europe are not cruelty free and would not qualify for a leaping bunny if they applied.

Hi! I'm looking into this too!

I though gelish was vegan/cruelty free?
I currently use cnd shellac and havnt had a straight answer from them so I'm guessing they're not!

Any other vegan brands people know of would be great to know! X

Gelish is vegan & cruelty free x

I think the only thing from nail harmony that isn’t cruelty free is nourish cuticle oil x

I emailed Gelish and this was there response to my question are there products vegan!
It was wishy washy at best and ridiculous I thought !! I mean of course there is a definition of vegan and to say there isn’t is just silly!! So I will not be using there products I am desperate to find vegan friendly hard gel systems if anyone can advise ?

Attachments

• ED3F9329-BE8A-463B-8E54-B4EE75BC5393.png
    ED3F9329-BE8A-463B-8E54-B4EE75BC5393.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 137
I emailed Gelish and this was there response to my question are there products vegan!
It was wishy washy at best and ridiculous I thought !! I mean of course there is a definition of vegan and to say there isn’t is just silly!! So I will not be using there products I am desperate to find vegan friendly hard gel systems if anyone can advise ?

That isn’t nail harmony (Gelish) you’ve emailed Artistic, they are 2 different brands/companies

Oh I’m confused I was on the Gelish website and used there contact info? I’m getting stressed I can’t find vegan hard gel to use any help would be so appreciated thank you x

No quite true. If a salon gave me this as an answer I wouldn't be going to them because I instantly know they don't understand what cruelty free is. If a product is sold in China then it is tested on animals. Therefore loads of products sold in Europe are not cruelty free and would not qualify for a leaping bunny if they applied.

Perhaps you should have read my addition post that said the same :)

I don't know of any hard gel or gel polish that isn't vegan. Most manufacturers don't state this because it is assumed. Some nail polishes can contain animal products, as do some nail polish removers.

Latest posts

Back