Vegan/cruelty free product recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizbeth1084

Reaction score
What's everyone's favourite Vegan and Cruelty Free Manicure & Pedicure products? Also beneficial if the company is good on sustainability too - thanks :)

Nearly all artificial nail products are vegan and cruelty free. The possible exceptions are those brands that sell in China where they can be forced to test on animals to sell in the country.

Sustainability is tough. It. is very difficult to do that with jars or containers, there is little choice out there right now that is good enough for artificial nail products. And honestly speaking, there is little point to recycle plastic because most of it is shipped to third world countries and dumped. That's because it is too expensive and difficult to sort the different plastics.

Best we can do as a manufacturer, is to use environmentally friendly packaging - i.e. packing chips that are cellulose based and dissolve in water, not polystyrene. And of course, not to buy gel and gel polish products from China where there are human rights abuses. (ours are made in EU)

Not all colours are vegetarian - reds in particular you need to check. And some iridescent, shimmery or glitter products are animal origin. Or they might be plastic…

There are lots of VOC in nail polish. Some brands say they are 5 free, 7 free and even 10 free but to be honest, that’s probably a bit of marketing spin. I have an air purifier machine and lots of air purifying plants so I hope the air leaving my salon is cleaner than it arrived.

Cuccio and Bio Sculpture are both making efforts to be vegan and sustainable. I’m a bit suspicious of Cuccio’s committment because they don’t seem to have invested in any staff training in product knowledge.

The industry isn’t very transparent and that needs to be addressed. We need a few trailblazers to inspire a cultural shift

Latest posts

Back