Vegans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHS

Reaction score
.... Come out from your veggie patch and show yourselves lol

(This isn't a a meat or veg bashing thread - so please don't! )

I've just started a vegan diet.
Any tips, stories or pitfalls.
Do you struggle in restaurants? Any info will be greatly appreciated please :)

I was summoned

So avocado is your best friend when it comes to sauces. The lazy vegan is awesome. I runa vegan group on fb if you would like to join.

My biggest issue is transferrin. But most vegans have issues with b12. You can find that in nutritional yeast. You can use that to make vegan mac and cheese.

Most vegan eat raw in the morning and then eat a propper cooked dinner at night.

I'm starting off pescetarian to slowly (i love meat) transition over to fully vegan.

In contrast to my previous statement about loving meat... I am really going off it which is why i've made the decision to get rid of it but i don't like many vegetables so this is gonna be hard for me!

Aww cams just make sure if you're not eating too much veg to take your supplements - don't make yourself poorly x

Aww cams just make sure if you're not eating too much veg to take your supplements - don't make yourself poorly x

I have bacon like every morning as well so i'm stuck for breakfast meals!

I have bacon like every morning as well so i'm stuck for breakfast meals!

Only you could write bacon on a vegan thread [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Why on earth are you going vegan then?

Because i don't want to eat meat anymore, mainly because its cruel but it also contains fluoridated which causes calcification of the pineal gland and stops spiritual growth, you're also taking on the animals fear and suffering energies because they're killed really slowly and horribly!

I can't eat cereal for breakfast, odd i know but never have been able to!

Because i don't want to eat meat anymore, mainly because its cruel but it also contains fluoridated which causes calcification of the pineal gland and stops spiritual growth, you're also taking on the animals fear and suffering energies because they're killed really slowly and horribly!

I can't eat cereal for breakfast, odd i know but never have been able to!
I have no words... My very educated politically minded little brother is also on the journey to veganism and I cannot win any banter... I mean battle I enter with him, I'm not even going to try on here lol, those glands sound important tho NO MEAT!

I have no words... My very educated politically minded little brother is also on the journey to veganism and I cannot win any banter... I mean battle I enter with him, I'm not even going to try on here lol, those glands sound important tho NO MEAT!

When you look at our bodies and evolution as well, we're not really made to eat meat. We don't have claws, we don't have sharp canines... And we can't stand raw meat, we can't eat certain raw meats because of e-coli and salmonella but this doesn't effect carnivorous animals?

I'd never bash someone for eating meat though because each to their own and i know how nice meat can be!

Has your studying influenced this change aswell @cams97 ?

I'm going to sound really stupid here but I don't know the difference between them all

Has your studying influenced this change aswell @cams97 ?

I'm going to sound really stupid here but I don't know the difference between them all

Yeah the fact i've learnt more about genetically modified foods and stuff.

Basically all the food from the shops, unless its organic, is grown in a lab with chemicals in order to make it look and feel a certain way, and to preserve it, make it grow at a faster rate.

The organic food is grown in farms but they still sort out the 'nice looking' food from the not.

For breakfast. You have an abundance of fruit salad. If you want pancakes, blend oats and bananas. You have a decent pancake mix. You can even have peanut butter on toast.

@cams97 if you don't eat properly you'll get very ill !! You'll feel sluggish, grumpy tired and spaced out fuzzy feeling.
You NEED Iron and as Linkles said, your b12 - if you don't have a good breakfast your energy levels won't make it past lunch time and everyone will start to dislike you as you'll be a total mardy ass snapping at everyone because your hangry (hunger make you angry lol)

I never ate breakfast - ever! But now I'm running out the door (ok not run, I couldn't run a tap) walk out the door after a bowl full of cornflakes sweetened soya milk with a banana chopped up in it.

Cereals contain all the fortified nutrients you need to kick start your day. B12 in high in cornflakes. That vitamin isn't in anything other than meat n fish.. you NEED that! !! If not you'll enD up fkn up your whole nervous system with highly serious consequences.

Cams get on amazon and buy a copy of "Thug Kitchen - Eat like you give a **** " if you're gonna do this you need to do it properly lovely or you're screwed. Not only is that book hilarious it's full of every thing you need to eat. Including banana pancakes omg they're gorgeous. Lol 100% Vegan

You also need to eat more frequently - or you will lose weight fast!

Last edited:
@Linkles what's your fb vegan group?

@cams97 just to warn you. ..vegetable gravy is disgusting lol mix up some soy sauce and marmite to stir in it.. it's gorgeous.

@cams97 if you don't eat properly you'll get very ill !! You'll feel sluggish, grumpy tired and spaced out fuzzy feeling.
You NEED Iron and as Linkles said, your b12 - if you don't have a good breakfast your energy levels won't make it past lunch time and everyone will start to dislike you as you'll be a total mardy ass snapping at everyone because your hangry (hunger make you angry lol)

I never ate breakfast - ever! But now I'm running out the door (ok not run, I couldn't run a tap) walk out the door after a bowl full of cornflakes sweetened soya milk with a banana chopped up in it.

Cereals contain all the fortified nutrients you need to kick start your day. B12 in high in cornflakes. That vitamin isn't in anything other than meat n fish.. you NEED that! !! If not you'll enD up fkn up your whole nervous system with highly serious consequences.

Cams get on amazon and buy a copy of "Thug Kitchen - Eat like you give a **** " if you're gonna do this you need to do it properly lovely or you're screwed. Not only is that book hilarious it's full of every thing you need to eat. Including banana pancakes omg they're gorgeous. Lol 100% Vegan

You also need to eat more frequently - or you will lose weight fast!

I might just have to start eating cereal then... With **** loads of fruit!

Thanks for the tips, I'll order that book now!

What vitamins do i need to take?

I'm vegan :) i watched Vegucated and Cowspiracy on
Netflix and that was it! They are pretty much non-graphic compared to some other documentaries, so highly recommend if anyone is veg-curious!! X

@cams97 you need everything! If you don't feel great you're lacking something important. So pay attention to what your body tells you.
Type into Google. ..how to be vegan...and the I go you'll find is very helpful.

Firm Tofu too is high in protine , and has no flavour at all so it's perfect to marinade and add to your meals. Watch your beer and wine tho lol a lot contain animal fats and leftovers

@miranda182 hello :) another one popped up from the veggie patch. Miranda do you struggle in restaurants? I'm finding loads of veggie meals but hardly any vegan. I don't want a plate of salad if I go out for a meal lol I want something more exciting

Latest posts

Back