Vegans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might just have to start eating cereal then... With **** loads of fruit!

Thanks for the tips, I'll order that book now!

What vitamins do i need to take?

Get a blender and just smoothie

@cams97 you need everything! If you don't feel great you're lacking something important. So pay attention to what your body tells you.
Type into Google. ..how to be vegan...and the I go you'll find is very helpful.

Firm Tofu too is high in protine , and has no flavour at all so it's perfect to marinade and add to your meals. Watch your beer and wine tho lol a lot contain animal fats and leftovers

@miranda182 hello :) another one popped up from the veggie patch. Miranda do you struggle in restaurants? I'm finding loads of veggie meals but hardly any vegan. I don't want a plate of salad if I go out for a meal lol I want something more exciting

I've got some tofu i'm going to make tofu burgers for tea tomorrow and put carrots and lentils in them!

I've ordered thug kitchen

I've got some tofu i'm going to make tofu burgers for tea tomorrow and put carrots and lentils in them!

I've ordered thug kitchen
It's a great book. Give lots of variety plus tells you how to make dressings, sauces and how to build a bowl of stuff that works together too. ..and cake lol

It's a great book. Give lots of variety plus tells you how to make dressings, sauces and how to build a bowl of stuff that works together too. ..and cake lol

Cake[emoji33]

Ha!! Yes cake! Biscuits all sorts. Vegan diets have junk food too lol.

Get a good stock of seeds and stuff along with tons of fruit n veg

@Linkles what's your fb vegan group?

@cams97 just to warn you. ..vegetable gravy is disgusting lol mix up some soy sauce and marmite to stir in it.. it's gorgeous.
My group is called "vegan debates dont hate :D"

We arent the most active at the moment but every one there is nice and our admin team would love to help you out.

Another good one is "vegans v's meat eaters (open debates)"
There is a lot of drama in that group but it helps you understand certain situations that go hand in hand.

Then there is a group called "VEGANS" which is also group.

Most areas have local groups. They can help organise meatups and stuff. But dont get caught in the veganazi trap. We dont need any more Gary Yourofskys. XD

In regards to micronutrients and stuff. We are tought in school 50% carbs, 20% protien and 30% fats. Most vegans seem to think its all about the carbs. Don't neglect your fats though as your brain needs fat to run.

Another neglection is vitamin D. Just make sure you get sun on your skin.

Then there is vitamin K that causes a lot of vegans issues. Leafy greens and sunflower seeds are great for this.

B12 is often highlighted but chances are if you are b12 deficient ina vegan diet you will be in an omni diet. You can get this from nutritional yeast and fortified products like soy milk. Your body also recycles and synthesises this.

What's a veganzi trap? & what's a Gary ofyourskys?

Veganazi trap. People get lured in to misleading info posted by others or misunderstand accurate info. Then then turn vicious on omnis and even sometimes tell vegans they arent vegan enough.

Gary Yourofsky is my least favourite vegan but he does a lot of good. His efforts are great. But he says things that are disgusting like woman who wear fur deserve to be electricuted up the butt and be the victim of rape. I just disagree with his voice. He hates people and beleives we should be extincted.

Veganazi trap. People get lured in to misleading info posted by others or misunderstand accurate info. Then then turn vicious on omnis and even sometimes tell vegans they arent vegan enough.

Gary Yourofsky is my least favourite vegan but he does a lot of good. His efforts are great. But he says things that are disgusting like woman who wear fur deserve to be electricuted up the butt and be the victim of rape. I just disagree with his voice. He hates people and beleives we should be extincted.
Ooo sounds like salon geek for vegans lol

Surfgirl..... Your dp looks like some of my photography. Is it?

As a farmers daughter. And granddaughter and great granddaughter.

I think you vegans are mad! I admire your ability to do it. But I wouldn't want or be able to!

Good luck!

As a farmers wife, I'm planning on joining you soon, well at least you veggies.

The more I hear about farming the more I loathe it and want nothing to do with it

I think if you grew up with it as part of life, like you Grace, you see it differently but I was already grown up obviously

What's stopped me so far is that shopping/cooking for 4 on a bit of a budget and with everyone liking different things and sometimes all eating at different times, mealtimes are hard enough

But I'm phasing in some non-meat days and the day I give meat up for good is definitely getting closer as my family grow up

Good for you @blossom , you'll feel so much better.
As for shopping on a budget, I've saved about £30 a week on what I'd normally spend on meat and it's goes in fruit now so I'm spending no more now than I was, you can still get quorn stuff, like burgers etc.

I did have to kind of te learn how to cook though lol, habit that chicken went with this, gammon went with that, we've never had the same meal twice yet lol its reinvented my dinners rather than in a cooking rut.

Same as you, the more and more I was hearing the more the whole industry repulsed me and didn't want to be part of it, barbaric treatment of the animal's in poor conditions, not all no, but supermarket meat is hard to trace. The milk production put me off too

My son and I are loving this healthy diet too. There is a substitute for everything how.

Good luck

Oh a TVP (textured veg protien ) is perfect for lasagne chillies etc no taste, so it absorbes the full flavors of the sauces x

I've been vegan around 8 years. Best thing I ever did!

I write a vegan food/beauty blog. I found blogs super helpful when I first made the change!

Congrats on making a brilliant, compassionate choice [emoji3][emoji3]

My blog if you wanna have a read. http://www.alienontoast.co.uk/

I'm not a vegan but I have days where I don't eat any animals and I do feel better the next day

My husband isn't happy with certain elements of it himself. But he is committed to making sure the animals have as good a life as possible while in his care as far as he can as its not his own farm. So I guess that is good.

We stayed at a farm last year and they looked after the animals so much and it was hardcore! So much work goes into it!

I love Thug Kitchen. Did the mango curry last night, my meat eating friends are converted! I've been a vegan since January. I've lost weight without trying & eat loads. I have a green smoothie for breakfast (look at the sirt food green smoothie) & I add organic spirulina powder for B12 & magnesium, also flax seeds & some avocado for creaminess. My cousin has been vegan for 3 years & his high cholesterol has come down to normal levels. Eating out is a problem, I don't eat out as much as I used to.

Latest posts

Back