Veins on back of hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CUTIE

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just need some advise on what to do for a customer of mine. The problem is raised veins on the back of her hand, which can be quite unsightly at times. She is very concious of it, and says she sometimes has to hide her hands, because she is embarrased. Sometimes they are not that visible but on occassions they look quite bad. She is desperate for me to recommend a treatment or any tips as to how she can solve this problem.
I am not sure what to recommend, she says they are not painful at all. Has anyone come accross this or advise anything. She is willing to try anything.

Thanks for reading!

Cutie/Vicky.

CUTIE said:
Hi everyone, just need some advise on what to do for a customer of mine. The problem is raised veins on the back of her hand, which can be quite unsightly at times. She is very concious of it, and says she sometimes has to hide her hands, because she is embarrased. Sometimes they are not that visible but on occassions they look quite bad. She is desperate for me to recommend a treatment or any tips as to how she can solve this problem.
I am not sure what to recommend, she says they are not painful at all. Has anyone come accross this or advise anything. She is willing to try anything.

Thanks for reading!

Cutie/Vicky.
I am afraid not much can be done................
I have this too....it's because the skin on the hands is very thin and there for the vains show up much more prominent.................
Also when my hands are down they are more prominent then when i hold them up.................

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I am afraid not much can be done................
I have this too....it's because the skin on the hands is very thin and there for the vains show up much more prominent.................
Also when my hands are down they are more prominent then when i hold them up.................

That is interesting! because those were her same words, shows up more when her hands are down, less prominent when hands are up. Does anyone think massaging the hand will help, I dont want to try this without advice incase it makes the veins more prominent.

CUTIE said:
That is interesting! because those were her same words, shows up more when her hands are down, less prominent when hands are up. Does anyone think massaging the hand will help, I dont want to try this without advice incase it makes the veins more prominent.
Nope I have had lots of hand massages............thats just made them soft and supple..................
the only time my hands looked different was when I weight 2 stone more then now............ more meat on the hands...........less vain visibility...........

I'm afraid Ruth is right! This is the way she is and there is nothing she can do about it .. other than go about with her hands up in the air the whole time! That ol' gravity thing works on the veins too I guess.
By the way, I am the same and I think so too is everyone to a greater or lesser degree.

CUTIE said:

Thanks for reading!

Cutie/Vicky.

Hi Everyone…… Ruth’s comment surely applies to me. I too have this problem if you want to call it that. When I was 40 kg’s or 6 stone heavier the veins were less visible, but I also attributed this to my age? I notice the veins are more prominent when I work out or when filing. Thankfully people notice my nails before all else. Nothing like a distraction lol. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Deb

As a more holistics-orientated therapist, i can suggest that there are various herbal and nutritional supplements that can help to strengthen the veins. I am not completely sure if this will actually make the veins in her hand less visible, but by supporting the venous system, it may help.
Rutin helps to strengthen the small blood vessels
Hawthorn is good for vein health
Vitamin P or bioflavinoids, are astringent and healing for the veins
vitamin E for vein health (not more than 100iu if they have high b/p, start low, increase gradually)
Bilberry strengthens capillary walls
Grapeseed extract stabilises collogen and maintains elastin which are both found in blood vessels

hope this helps
:)

Could facial foundation help? or Concealer perhaps?

I have very prominent veins on my hands. I have always had this as far back as I can remember. If I have any photographs taken I just hold them up in the air for a little bit then put them down for the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back