Vented nail table vs non-vented nail table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sContreras

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a nail table and have noticed the price difference between the vented and non-vented tables. I will be doing some enhancements. But are the vented tables really worth the price difference????

No, not really. They would usually require additional (more expense) modifications to make them suitable for a salon. You also can't put towels down on your table.

The best thing to have is a movable-tube local exhaust system (that can be linked to an outdoor venting system). This can be placed right by your breathing zone - dealing with the problem at the source. Usually they are very cost effective and I've seen some with inbuilt lights. Look for one with a HEPA filter (Removes most dust, pollen and fumes. The higher the quality, the higher the percentage of dust it will remove.) and a decent amount of activated carbon/charcoal (to remove vapours).

You would need to replace the filter and activated carbon a few times a year - the manufacturer will be able to give you more info.

If you can, read chapters 14 & 15 of Doug Schoon's Nail Structure & Product Chemistry.... There is some really good information on air quality and ventilation systems.

Hth x

Last edited:
That's some good info!! Thank you :)

I had the salon fitted out with vented tables about 6 months ago. To be honest I don't really notice any difference. I can't actually smell the fumes from product anymore but clients have commented that it still smells the same walking into the salon. A lot of dust is sucked away from the table but a lot still stays on the table which is annoying now that I don't have a table towel.

I personally don't feel like they were worth the expense, however it's regulation here to have them so I had to do it anyway.

Young Nails makes a lamp that also doubles as a vent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Thank you!! I'll look on the Young Nails website!!

A mobile filter system which returns the filtered air back into the salon is best. A central system which extracts the air outside is also sending your heated/air conditioned air outside, increasing your costs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back