versatility of fabric?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
(sorry geeg & ruth - more questions) can fabric# build boost be used on there own. ie: with the 3 phrase gel system i trained in each stage couldnt be used alone... can the build be used on its own ie; for covering polish or imbedding a gem (where the client isnt having enhancements)
just wondering.....
also whilst im here, did a client a french full set fabric after 1 1/2 she was more than ready for rebalance.. lost one nail one almost off she'd been swimming only twice. now after another week shes asked to have tem soaked off as shes lost four WHat am i dong wrong!!!! agghh!! im hoping to do creative l&p course in next couple of weeks now im worried (unlike me i know hah ha ) that i cant even get the fabric# right how on earth am i gonna cope with l & p - this site is gonna be red hot with my questions thats all i can say sorry

Thehandsanctuary said:
(sorry geeg & ruth - more questions) can fabric# build boost be used on there own. ie: with the 3 phrase gel system i trained in each stage couldnt be used alone... can the build be used on its own ie; for covering polish or imbedding a gem (where the client isnt having enhancements)
just wondering.....
also whilst im here, did a client a french full set fabric after 1 1/2 she was more than ready for rebalance.. lost one nail one almost off she'd been swimming only twice. now after another week shes asked to have tem soaked off as shes lost four WHat am i dong wrong!!!! agghh!! im hoping to do creative l&p course in next couple of weeks now im worried (unlike me i know hah ha ) that i cant even get the fabric# right how on earth am i gonna cope with l & p - this site is gonna be red hot with my questions thats all i can say sorry

Hi Jen,
Don't despair with the Fabric# it really is a great system.
If it makes you feel any better I have one client who is exactly like the lady you have described and even though she loves the look she just can't seem to look after it, and i really beleive it's her abuse not the product. On the other hand, sorry for the pun, I have another client who really could not get on with L&P or gel yet she goes from rebalnce to rebalnce now with Fabric# and has no major problems.
I would think that you are doing nothing wrong.
Lynda

Thehandsanctuary said:
just wondering.....
Hi Jen,
Yes love, all the resins can be used individually ............. But I wouldn't use Fabric# Build or Boost on their own to cover/seal Polish on the natural nail. The reason being, with everyday wear and use of the nails, you will get hair line cracks, and then end up with a crackle effect look.............The natural will bend and flex under the coat of polish and the coat of boost, hence movement in the layer, which will give you cracks. Another point is......Resin will soften any type of plastic product before it cures, including enamel, so it can leave you with a bubbly mess.

You can use a layer of build/boost on the natural nail and then apply enamel, which will then make the enamel last longer...........

Use build or boost to temporarily smooth a nail plate, I found this use full on clients who don't want Fibreglass/Silk wraps to hide their ridges.

Boost is brill for embedding gems on Enhancements.

Build and boost can be use to apply tips too.........
Don't forget FABRIC# is an EC resin nail system, and does what resins do best stick, things to things lol.............

You can also use bond on it's own for, pinching in a deep c-curve on Fibreglass/Silk enhancements.........Because as I said before, it will soften plastic for a short while, and this can work in your favour........... Apply build after sizing, application, cutting it to the desired length and blending, to the underneath of the tips, pinch in the sides, best done with those snazzy tweezers from EZflow and let it set..........This will emphasise your c-curve..(Cheers Antony for that Comping tip)...............Then continue with your fibreglass/Silk application...............

As for the Fabric# client, a few points.........
Is she braking them or are they lifting clean of the nail?
Did you prep well?
Did you cut the nails to a suitable length, some clients like them longer then they should have them and that is one of the causes for loosing tips..........
Maybe a stress strip might be the answer her? Maybe 3-4 layers of Boost, and use this to build up the apex, this will make the enhancement stronger, and visualy more appealing...........
But dont go over the top or she will end up with a budgie beak look a like.........
Hope this has helped a little bit..........And you will cope well with L&P babe, trust me I know these things and can feel it in my resin bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend

thanks ruthie.....
as for the fabric# client... well four were off when i got to her yesterday and small amount of poroduct on nail plate so i am guessing the came clean off she said she broke them off whist doing things... she did have them longer than i would have liked her to have them - being a new enhancement user!!! but you can only tell them! the other hand was ok but like the time i did a rebalnce the product had 'moved' up the nail ie; nothing on the base of the nail plate.. do you get what i mean like the product had been filed away the first quater or so!!!!! she had been swimming only twice..... and had prep'd thoroughly as usually do....... any help please

Thehandsanctuary said:
thanks ruthie.....
as for the fabric# client... well four were off when i got to her yesterday and small amount of poroduct on nail plate so i am guessing the came clean off she said she broke them off whist doing things... she did have them longer than i would have liked her to have them - being a new enhancement user!!! but you can only tell them! the other hand was ok but like the time i did a rebalnce the product had 'moved' up the nail ie; nothing on the base of the nail plate.. do you get what i mean like the product had been filed away the first quater or so!!!!! she had been swimming only twice..... and had prep'd thoroughly as usually do....... any help please

Right babe,
when you used scrubfresh on the nail, did she have stress marks???
Well, maybe a little bit of picking ones the nails had broken might be more to the truth.....................
Maybe she did a bit of filing after she had done a bit of picking...............
I have never seen product lift of a nail, and then looked like it had been tidied up lol.......................
I think you need to be firmer with your client and less doubting your technique.....
Next time be firmer on the suitable length lol..............
Tell them to bring any pingers in, so you can check them for product brake down.......
Wipe the nail plate with scrubfresh, any stress line will show up white and will give the game away..........
Don't beat yourself up, have a V&O babe xxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back