Verve guy is busy, anyone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl is good I agree. Becky however did a fantastic job for me in double quick time. She also recently won a few comps for her designs. Her Rooney & Moo design was ace

Only on this site you can see many logos designed by Carl, very beautiful and sweet but also very similar. I'm going to redesign my logo :)

I've just got a logo from carl and its amazing! Exactly what i had in mind would def recommend him! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Only on this site you can see many logos designed by Carl, very beautiful and sweet but also very similar. I'm going to redesign my logo :)

Thanks. I think! lol

Yes, as a one-man band I do have a particular style, that's to be expected really, it's an articstic expression to an extent.....but I have a consultation process where people can choose exactly what they want- and invariably people are pleased with the results for £20 :)

I know I'm pretty vocal on this site (usually only on threads where I feel I have some expertise to share!) - but there's no law that says you have to use me. People should, by all means, have a shop around......and then use me (joke, joke!)

(oh, and I know no-one is counting- but I'm working today to catch up too so people aren't waiting too long....)

Last edited:
I can't recommend Carl enough to be honest, he's fantastic at what he does and I personally think it's worth the wait. You know you'll get excellent service, and building a brand takes time, why rush it? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

you're all making me want the fabulous Carl now lol

Yep Carl's fantastic. I love my logo and he couldn't do enough for me, I asked him to change a few things and he came back to me done within a few hours. Very talented guy!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Another vote for Carl!

It depends why you need it so fast really, if you are desperate and it is going to make a difference to you in the long run I would look for someone else.

"The Verve Guy" is worth the wait :)

I can't comment on anyone else, but i can say that Carl aka Verve did a fantastic job for me. I had a logo, price lists/20pg booklets designed and folded A4 leaflets. He was very clear with me, did a beautiful job and was great at keeping in touch and tweaking whatever i needed as well as giving me advice on the actual printer.

Whatever you decide, I would definitely go with someone you have had recommendations for xx

Carl is the best, wait for him and you will get the best job

Carl is definitely worth the wait.

I've so far had business cards, appointment cards, loyalty cards, double sided a5 leaflets, Xmas cards and a roll up banner designed by Carl.

He always lets you know when you will receive your first draft, and never have i not received it when he has said. Top class service from start to finish.

Another vote for Carl!

It depends why you need it so fast really, if you are desperate and it is going to make a difference to you in the long run I would look for someone else.

"The Verve Guy" is worth the wait :)

Yeah, I need flyers made up for around the middle of April as there is a big local ladies even - anyone manage that? Also, I only have a web image of my logo, soooooo - well Im not quite sure how that would work. AARRGGHHHHHH Why do I always leave things to the last minute :evil:

Hey- I'm working today still- and have been since half seven this morning! Ask all the people I've sent files to today!

I'm asking people to wait a couple weeks, it's not that long really- there's a bank hols in the middle! lol :)

.....but it's a free country! ...ish.

I can vouch for that, hes been emailing me all day your only regret not waiting !!!

Yeah, I need flyers made up for around the middle of April as there is a big local ladies even - anyone manage that? Also, I only have a web image of my logo, soooooo - well Im not quite sure how that would work. AARRGGHHHHHH Why do I always leave things to the last minute :evil:

I think we've had our wires crossed here. I said i was booked up until the 8th April, which gives us time, just dont put the logo on (im sure most designers would say that- as the alternatives are designing a new one, which takes time and money, or recreating your existing one, which takes time, money and is probably impossible as you've a fairly complicated logo). If you're in a rush, then you might have to make compromises.

But you're absolutely welcome to try someone else :)

Last edited:
I think we've had our wires crossed here. I said i was booked up until the 8th April, which gives us time, just dont put the logo on (im sure most designers would say that- as the alternatives are designing a new one, which takes time and money, or recreating your existing one, which takes time, money and is probably impossible as you've a fairly complicated logo). If you're in a rush, then you might have to make compromises.

But you're absolutely welcome to try someone else :)

Thanks, I think I would prefer my logo on my flyers - didnt think it was very complicated? the "Ace bike co" might have been. If you were to re-design logo and design flyers (to start with) roughly what date would we be looking at?

Thanks, I think I would prefer my logo on my flyers - didnt think it was very complicated? the "Ace bike co" might have been. If you were to re-design logo and design flyers (to start with) roughly what date would we be looking at?

If its the logo I've seen with the paint "splash" in the background the I'd be pretty confident in saying that no-one is going to be able to recreate it. I would think that without access to the original elements of the design, It's not going to be possible at all. Not saying that to be awkward- just my professional opinion. I think the logo was designed with the internet in mind and not 300dpi professional print.

You could, of course, use a "version" of the logo (perhaps the font element) If a designer were able to identify it.

I charge £xxfor a double sided leaflet design to answer your question partially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you go networking? I met a great local designer who did my logo from it, there maybe one near you?

Not that I'm dissing Carl you understand!!

i'm a graphic designer i might be able to help you out. can i see the logo?

Do you go networking? I met a great local designer who did my logo from it, there maybe one near you?

Not that I'm dissing Carl you understand!!

lol- I'm not Stalin! (though I had a brilliant tache in Movember) people should absolutely use who they feel comfortable with!

Lol, I was just saying what I did and then I was worried people may of thought I was being out of order, many times my posts have been twisted on here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back