Very bad day in the salon, had to call the police

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most police are a joke anyways, I work in a hospital with patients who have been sectioned under the mental health act and if anything happens, the police don't respond they refuse. Even though they have more restraining techniques taught. Just question them on it, they shouldn't be allowed to refuse to do their job. X

Agreed. Theft is theft, but it would cost the public purse more money to pursue it that what has actually been stolen. Sadly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's not about the public purse, we pay a lot of tax in this country we should feel safe and protected by police. Besides if these people think they can get away with this they will go around and do it to other salons or shops so in the end the public will lose more money than catching them in the first place.
They said they were students and I'm sure they found it hilarious and are laughing about it but If they get caught once and be punished, then they will be scared and won't think about doing it again.

Talking of clients behaviour I have one client that has been coming to me for about a year roughly once a month.... She is one of those who will text me at 9pm at night call me at 9:30pm when I Havant replied the facebook me at 10pm to say I don't bother replying ( oh I have a 15week old daughter so texting her back out of salon times is not actually easy, she also texted me just after I announced the birth of my daughter and wouldn't be at salon for 3 weeks and to contact me only on facebook, FYI I didn't reply as I was still in hospital then next appointment she made a dig) however what I was going to say is ... She came in today.. And I can't remember exactly what was said but she then turned round and she said "it's ok I can be nasty to you now I've known you long enough" I genuinely did not know what to say.... I always stay professional with clients but she has got herself to comfortable with me I guess.... To the point she has started kissing me good bye.... #alkward...

Sorry to hear about what's happened at your salon and how you were treated by your client, I agree with everyone else when she wants another appointment tell her your fully booked...
But just another thought, you don't get a crime ref number unless the police come out to you, so if you needed to make a claim on your insurance to replace what had been took you wouldn't be able to put a claim in because they as for that number and then do a check with the police to make sure it's a real crime!! I just can't believe you have been treated like you have by them!!! X

Technically it's not the officers who choose to respond. It's command HQ and the sgt's who decide. If people truly knew how many police offers are on shift at one time believe me, you would be shocked. It's so little it's alarming.

They do have to decide what's more important. This is the kind of case where someone would book to visit you another day most of the time. For example a burglary would take priority or an assault.

For an example my local police force I have called when there was a huge domestic going on below the old flat I used to live it. To the point the guy was telling the lady to stab him, go on do it. I rang 999. 45mins later they turned up. Lucky she didn't stab him.

Also as some know I'm a doorman - not much anymore - myself and a colleague ended up us 2 vs 4 guys. They attempted to glass us and a fight broke out with just us in a packed venue. The paramedics refused to turn up to stitch my partners lip up after being glassed and the staff called the police before the fight even broke out and again approx 45mins after the incident and glass everywhere with us getting them out the door, a PCSO, that's right a PCSO, turned up on his own because they were busy.

I don't hold any hope out for my local services.

All I can say is that this is sad...very sad. What if the guy had gotten stabbed? What if one of the people you were fighting had a gun? or a knife? What if you were killed? Would the police have shown up then? It would be too little too late wouldn't it? I can't imagine a situation such as this would go down very well in a court of law. "I called the police. They didn't come. Now my friend is dead." "We're not liable because we were short staffed. Unfortunately some people are going to wind up dead and your friend was one of them."

Honest to God, I have never heard of the police not responding to a call (definitely not in New York where I live. Maybe in another state/area where there's less funding??). They always show up and I feel a great sense of peace and security knowing that if I need the police they'll be there. I was shocked to see that in England it's different. I'm not saying the US is better by any means. We all know we've got problems, but I guess this just isn't one of them? It was shocking to me and that's probably why I was the first to point out the fact that the police were no shows.

Has anyone in the US experienced this? I don't mean to hijack this thread, so if you want you can PM me.

This was actually the first time in my life that I have called the police number and I didn't expect this! To be honest I feel kind of helpless and unsafe, I'm thinking if something major happens, are they ever going to show up?!!! I know it was not a big theft but I still needed a better response.
One of my client who works for police was in the salon this afternoon and even she couldn't believe this. She told me to call and complain if they didn't come tomorrow. She said they should have sent somebody to at least give you some reassurance as you were shaky from what happened specially as you are working alone. she was apologizing on behalf of police, bless her. I was going to tell you the rest of what she said but I don't think it's right to mention them here as everyone can read these posts online.

This is exactly how I would feel and what I meant by saying I feel a sense of peace and security knowing that if I call they'll come! Like you said, that could have at the very least come at some other time. It's scary to think that if something major happens, you might be on your own!! I'd strap a gun to my body just in case lol

All I can say is that this is sad...very sad. What if the guy had gotten stabbed? What if one of the people you were fighting had a gun? or a knife? What if you were killed? Would the police have shown up then? It would be too little too late wouldn't it? I can't imagine a situation such as this would go down very well in a court of law. "I called the police. They didn't come. Now my friend is dead." "We're not liable because we were short staffed. Unfortunately some people are going to wind up dead and your friend was one of them."

Honest to God, I have never heard of the police not responding to a call (definitely not in New York where I live. Maybe in another state/area where there's less funding??). They always show up and I feel a great sense of peace and security knowing that if I need the police they'll be there. I was shocked to see that in England it's different. I'm not saying the US is better by any means. We all know we've got problems, but I guess this just isn't one of them? It was shocking to me and that's probably why I was the first to point out the fact that the police were no shows.

Has anyone in the US experienced this? I don't mean to hijack this thread, so if you want you can PM me.

I do tend to think America's police service is far better. What made it worse is my colleague and partner in crime that evening was actually my father. It scared me enough that we both very very rarely work doors anymore. I value my life slightly more than £50 a night.

Why don't you give them another call today? It's not acceptable that this is not reported as a crime.

I echo what has been said already regarding numbers, you would be shocked if you knew just how many Police Officers were on shift covering an area. But to worry about someone having a gun or a knife is nowhere near what happened in the OP's situation and would be treated completely differently I'm sure, so you can't compare as these things are graded.

Have you got a local Beat Officer or CSO that you have a good relationship with as a business? They are supposed be a better link for the community, so would be worth getting to know. Maybe they could increase their presence in your area and warn other businesses?

It's not about the public purse, we pay a lot of tax in this country we should feel safe and protected by police. Besides if these people think they can get away with this they will go around and do it to other salons or shops so in the end the public will lose more money than catching them in the first place.
They said they were students and I'm sure they found it hilarious and are laughing about it but If they get caught once and be punished, then they will be scared and won't think about doing it again.

Good luck with that one then. It will be interesting to find out what exactly happens to the ending of the story. I'm sure a policeman may eventually be seen. A description probably will be given. That's about it.

Even when my salon got burgled it took days to see a policeman even then I was told the chances of finding the people and my stock were nil. In fact I was told it was my fault for not having security markings on all my stock so it could be identified if it was found. As sad as it is our taxes go on the rest of the world that have descended into our country for a free ride.... and for two eyebrow threads and a lipstick. .. yep I sure can see a lot of effort being put into that one. You'll be able to point them out on crimewatch, they'll have the best eyebrows going. I bet the policeman rolls his eyes into the back of his head with the 15 sheets of paper he has to write out.

Before it is mentioned. I'm not saying it is right. Unfortunately it seems it is the way it is these days.

The best of luck.

Shall the police bashing stop now?!

Shall the police bashing stop now?!

I've seen worse comments directly aimed at suppliers on this site, rather than a few general posts about the police service as a whole. If you don't like what you read why don't you by pass the comments!

I can't believe no one has mentioned yet the fact that the police didn't show! and then told her that they had more important things to do!! This to me is appalling and my blood boils just thinking about it. Isn't it a police officers job to protect and serve?? Don't we as citizens put our safety and trust in them? I hate it when police officers abuse their powers and just as in this case, violate everything they stand for. Is this common place in England? My family comes from Brazil and it wouldn't surprise me if that happened then....Brazil is a third world country, after all, for a reason. But England is not! It is a first world country just as the US and in the US the police would never NOT come unless it was the apocalypse or it's equivalent. But then again, you too would have better things to worry about.

It continues to baffle me that they simply didn't show because they had more important things to do. WTF.

I love anything police related - I also love the fact that the general public have no idea about the police service

As an ex copper of ten years I will tell u how it is and why no one turned up or will take your case seriously

When the government decide to cut the budget on any government services you as the public are affected.

Whilst the public safely sit in their happy little houses or salons and want to slag off the police who don't attend just have a little thought for those poor officers that work 12 hour shifts and make up part of a team of only 4 or 6 officers that cover the whole town and all the surrounding ones.

These front line officers are the ones that deal with this day in day out, and don't attend this " petty theft" that it's classed as because there is no one available.

And if they do manage to attend they get it in the neck

It would be nice to live in a world where there are hundreds of officers available to attend these sorts of incidents but there isn't and it's the government not the police that are blamed.

So it's unlikely this will even get crimed for the reasons above

But don't blame the police - blame the government !

Forgive me. I probably have a slightly different view on the police....They are human after all and have the same views as some of us!

But I suppose best left for another thread on another day.

I like a good Police bashing, I do it to him indoors regularly!

Seriously, Theresa May's name is mud in our house.

I think everyone should take responsibility for what they can do to decrease the likely hood of their business being a target. But maybe that is for another thread too and I'm not saying the OP could have done anything differently in her situation as I wasn't there. But talking generally, crime prevention is everyone's responsibility, don't make it easy for the little s***s.

I love anything police related - I also love the fact that the general public have no idea about the police service

As an ex copper of ten years I will tell u how it is and why no one turned up or will take your case seriously

When the government decide to cut the budget on any government services you as the public are affected.

Whilst the public safely sit in their happy little houses or salons and want to slag off the police who don't attend just have a little thought for those poor officers that work 12 hour shifts and make up part of a team of only 4 or 6 officers that cover the whole town and all the surrounding ones.

These front line officers are the ones that deal with this day in day out, and don't attend this " petty theft" that it's classed as because there is no one available.

And if they do manage to attend they get it in the neck

It would be nice to live in a world where there are hundreds of officers available to attend these sorts of incidents but there isn't and it's the government not the police that are blamed.

So it's unlikely this will even get crimed for the reasons above

But don't blame the police - blame the government !

Absolutely agree. It's the same people who complain about the waiting times in hospitals. It's the budget cuts not the nurses/doctors' faults x

And they wonder why some people take the law into their own hands

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use to live in flats with a nightmare neighbour! The police were called at least once a week and done an amazing job, unfortunately there hands were tied getting rid of her but they were always there when needed.
No way on earth would I do there job I think it would make me hate the human race.
Xx
Ps hope the op has a much better day today xx

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the nice posts here and love and sympathy showed. I felt so much better reading them. :Love:

I had someone from police this afternoon. They finally came after two days. He asked me to describe them and what happened again. I showed him the cctv cameras around the salon. He said he will check the footage and let me know. One of the girls said she parked round the corner and if the camera footage shows the number plate they can find them in a second. The problem is that all the cameras belong to private properties and police said sometimes they are either fake or just ongoing but not recording. Anyway lets wait and see.

Regarding to the salon safety, I have decided to charge all my new clients up-front before doing their treatments. I thought if someone ask why I will nicely explain what happened and say that it's my policy for new clients. I was a bit worried how people may react but I actually had a new client this afternoon booked and came with her teenage daughter for waxing, when I asked for the payment she paid without a blink and I didn't even have to explain. So it was easier than I thought.

Shame that two idiots ruin your trust to all nice people.

I hope they find them for you! awful when people take advantage of your business x

Why don't you give them another call today? It's not acceptable that this is not reported as a crime.

I echo what has been said already regarding numbers, you would be shocked if you knew just how many Police Officers were on shift covering an area. But to worry about someone having a gun or a knife is nowhere near what happened in the OP's situation and would be treated completely differently I'm sure, so you can't compare as these things are graded.

Have you got a local Beat Officer or CSO that you have a good relationship with as a business? They are supposed be a better link for the community, so would be worth getting to know. Maybe they could increase their presence in your area and warn other businesses?

At last someone speaks some sense !

Latest posts

Back