Very Excited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a Fleet Sales Manager for Ford for a few years, I went on a gazillion courses about business to business selling, running a business, budgets, forecasts, promotion, customer management, business management etc etc

I then did a short spell with Thomson Local Field sales. Came top of my advertising course which looked into the psychology of what makes people buy and why, how to layout an ad and its contents.

I've worked in a nail bar, mobile, home salon and rented space so know the good points and pitfalls of them all. I tried to open a salon but didn't have the patience to go through all the red tape in one salon and then found a duffer of another salon so went back to a home salon, but have an idea of what's involved now ... particularly the planning application for a Sui Generis change of use.

And basically I have a lot of life experiences; I know that to come up smelling of roses sometimes you have to stand in the poop and brave all weathers, get pruned from time to time, but when you bloom it's all worth it!!!

I, with my sister, started and ran a soft furnishing/interior design company for 6 years. This was after a working life in accountancy.

I have wrestled with rental of premises, business rates, difficult business neighbours, business insurance, advertising, nice customers, nightmare customers, too much business, not enough business.

I also have qualifications in tearing your hair out as well as basking in the glory of a fabulous job completed.

I am what you would term mature and reckon I have pretty good people skills

I am more than happy to help

I have a marketing background, particularly in brand identity if that's of any use to anyone??

I'm still excited. How brilliant is this............so many talented people. . Trying to think what expertise I have that may be of use.

I'll be back when I can think of one. xxx

I'm still excited. How brilliant is this............so many talented people. . Trying to think what expertise I have that may be of use.

I'll be back when I can think of one. xxx

You have plenty to offer Kimmie ... very smart lady.

Wow - this is looking very exciting!! Im almost hypoventilating!!
All this talent/expertise/experience we can all share with each other.

I have a marketing background, particularly in brand identity if that's of any use to anyone??

Could you expand on this a bit? What is Brand Identity?

I was a Retail Business Manager for a L'Oreal & then Lancome, looking after Fenwicks, HOf, Debs & Boots so know loads about, brand building, luxury brands, Merchandising, you name it i had to do... 18 hour days... god i don't miss that... but miss the people and the amazing budget I had to do events, links with other business, etc etc I wish i had a pot of money like L'Oreal.

Latest posts

Back