Very gray client’s roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonavis33

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a level 6 client with 60% grey who wants to come in every 2 weeks for her roots. I wanted to inch her towards highlights but she isn’t interested. For permanent I use KP 6/2 mixed with 6/0 on her and get a nice ashy result.

in between monthly visits, I’ve been using doing her roots with CT 6/1 on the roots a little and just very lightly along the temples and any areas that would be visible and then I mist with water at the 20 minute mark and add 7/89 on the ends for 5 minutesjust to “get her through” the next 14 days til she gets her permanent KP again.

Is it bad that I’m alternating between CT and KP like this? I don’t don’t want to fry her hair with too much permanent color too often. Thoughts?

thanks

N
Hello,

I have a level 6 client with 60% grey who wants to come in every 2 weeks for her roots. I wanted to inch her towards highlights but she isn’t interested. For permanent I use KP 6/2 mixed with 6/0 on her and get a nice ashy result.

in between monthly visits, I’ve been using doing her roots with CT 6/1 on the roots a little and just very lightly along the temples and any areas that would be visible and then I mist with water at the 20 minute mark and add 7/89 on the ends for 5 minutesjust to “get her through” the next 14 days til she gets her permanent KP again.

Is it bad that I’m alternating between CT and KP like this? I don’t don’t want to fry her hair with too much permanent color too often. Thoughts?

thanks
No definitely not, you're actually doing the right thing. But I would also suggest that if you're getting the results you need with CT why not use that?

N

No definitely not, you're actually doing the right thing. But I would also suggest that if you're getting the results you need with CT why not use that?
Thanks for the reply. The KP does a much better job at covering every white hair on her. The CT is just to tide her over. The whites show through quite a bit faster with the CT but it’s good enough to “get her through” and a vast improvement from obvious grey roots. I guess it blends it nicely? But based on my (limited) experience with CT it wouldn’t be sufficient to rely on for someone as grayphobic as this client.
In the past I probably would have just done KP every 2 weeks but I’m tired of the overly dark, overlapping effect I’ve gotten in those touch up sections. I just find it gets quite a bit darker with too much permanent overlapping. And I’m pretty sure it’s not recommended to use permanent with such high frequency?

Thanks for the reply. The KP does a much better job at covering every white hair on her. The CT is just to tide her over. The whites show through quite a bit faster with the CT but it’s good enough to “get her through” and a vast improvement from obvious grey roots. I guess it blends it nicely? But based on my (limited) experience with CT it wouldn’t be sufficient to rely on for someone as grayphobic as this client.
In the past I probably would have just done KP every 2 weeks but I’m tired of the overly dark, overlapping effect I’ve gotten in those touch up sections. I just find it gets quite a bit darker with too much permanent overlapping. And I’m pretty sure it’s not recommended to use permanent with such high frequency?
That overlapping band is a nightmare! 🙈 Have you ever tried CT plus? Gives 70% coverage rather than the 50% you get with standard CT?
You could also try using an applicator bottle for a root touch up, this would avoid the over lapping as you're able y create a much neater line.

That overlapping band is a nightmare! 🙈 Have you ever tried CT plus? Gives 70% coverage rather than the 50% you get with standard CT?
You could also try using an applicator bottle for a root touch up, this would avoid the over lapping as you're able y create a much neater line.
So are you saying it would be OK to use to CT Plus for roots in between KP applications?
Im also wondering what you think of just using KP with 10 volume for roots, to be a bit gentler for in between visits?
She has thin hair so I’m trying to be gentle to avoid it going too dark. I usually go a half shade lighter when doing roots when she comes in for a touch up.

So are you saying it would be OK to use to CT Plus for roots in between KP applications?
Im also wondering what you think of just using KP with 10 volume for roots, to be a bit gentler for in between visits?
She has thin hair so I’m trying to be gentle to avoid it going too dark. I usually go a half shade lighter when doing roots when she comes in for a touch up.
Yeha colour touch plus gives much better coverage than colour touch, she would probably be able to go longer between appointments. Has your client ever tried colour wow pallets? Having cokou Ron the scalp every 2-3 weeks sounds a bit excessive.

Latest posts

Back