Very light blonde colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotf9

Reaction score
I have a 77 year old lady with short graduated bob with dark grey and silver grey (gunmetal grey) regrowth who has an all over colour. We use Goldwell Topchic and I have been using 10N and 10A mixed together. After the first colour she said it was a little bit too dark, and asked to go lighter. The next time I used more of 10A and small amount of 10N she now says it is too gold looking, i.e. photos below. What can I use instead as she wants to be lighter but not too light like highlighted level?

1579982617287.png
1579982696281.png

What strength developer are you using?

I have a 77 year old lady with short graduated bob with dark grey and silver grey (gunmetal grey) regrowth who has an all over colour.

The colour you did looks very nice so I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong with your colouring but as she’s saying it’s either too dark or too gold, is it the problem that she doesn’t know what might suit her or that you’re unsure of what she wants? I think you need to go back to the consultation. Ash = cool darker looking tones and Gold = warm tones.

Do you think her skin tone suits cool or warm shades?
Sometimes older ladies get stuck wearing the same colours in clothes and make-up without really noticing that their hair and skin have changed with ageing. Older ladies box dying their hair black is a prime example.

When you do a consultation, do you look at images of older ladies with grey and blonde bobs and discuss what she likes and what she thinks might suit her colour wise? I tend to save pictures on Pinterest in folders on my iPad and use that as my starting point. Obviously, don’t use images of anyone under 50.

I’m also thinking that doing an all-over block colour isn’t suiting her either? You could discuss doing 3 to 1 foils of ash tones to a neutral gold colour to provide some warmth and dimension.

Sorry, but I didn’t understand your description about the regrowth because obviously you can’t grow grey hair.

Developer is 6%. Her natural hair underneath the colour regrowth is grey, that's what I meant. I think her skin tone suits more of a cool shade. I wasn't sure where to put some highlights through the colour as well.

Developer is 6%. Her natural hair underneath the colour regrowth is grey, that's what I meant. I think her skin tone suits more of a cool shade. I wasn't sure where to put some highlights through the colour as well.
I personally can see a slight apricot hue, but by looking at her skin as it shows in the picture I'd be steering to a mixture of soft gold and neutral shades. If she's got more than 35% her natural colour I'd use 12% on the base or you could take a diamond shape section and add slices of 10V and 12% and add weaves of bleach and 3%. And keep the base as it is.

Latest posts

Back