Very nervous, any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
I havent worked in a salon for 13 years. I have a trial coming up and was asked to bring in my scissors clips and trimmers. It is in a busy shopping center. I know I am not up to speed and as quick as I use to be. :(( Scared that I am not good enough. What is your advice for me. Some tips or something to help with clientell in shopping malls

I suffer from anxiety myself, and find it affects every part of my life even when it comes to doing things I know I'm capable of doing!
I would (if you have a block head) practice all the "foundation" cuts and try to just keep calm, maybe talk to the employer and explain that your a little nervous about timing etc. Everyone has no doubt been there and not everybody is 100% confident all the time.
Don't think of it as a trial or about anyone judging you, it's an experience :)
Good luck xx

Just explain that you've been used to working at a more relaxed (don't say slow) pace in recent years to accommodate your mobile clients as they appreciate the 1:1 care that your quality of service offered.
You have worked in a busy salon previously where time was more limited and you're confident that you will soon speed up once you get back into the swing of it.
I think if you are open and honest rather than being brash and over confident, this will count in your favour.
Good luck! ☘️

Explain to her, and as said above get a dummy head :) good luck xx

Latest posts

Back