very new and in need of advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finesse

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a new tech and I am struggling with my backfills. I have now mastered infills but when it come to applying a new smile line as the nails grow down I end up with the nails being too thick. I am not using an electric file yet so reducing the acrylic is by hand filing. Can anyone give me any advice. The only other way is for me to soak the nails off every 4 weeks and this can't be good.

For my rebalances, i thin the product right out..practically to the natural nail..this doesnt have to take a huge amount of time providing you keep the product nice and thin to begin with. Always use a nice new 180/240 for the job...which can be as quick as a efile.

First, read the tutorial that Izzi gave a link to.

However if you think logically the only way they can be too thick is that you either haven't filed back enough old product, or more likely you are applying too much new product ... or a combination of both. I find people tend to apply enough product for a new set and of course it isn't so you just need to make your beads smaller.

Latest posts

Back