Very overdue infills question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
I have a client who absolutely will not book her appointments in for the next time but insists on ringing me last minute. This time she has excelled herself and, although i nudged her, has now left it for 4 weeks.

When she comes for her appointment should i be removing what is there and starting again or rebalancing what is there? Also, what do i charge as there is bound to be much more work than a straight infill. Btw they are fibreglass.

Thanx in advance for any help or advice.

Carole Lindsay said:
I have a client who absolutely will not book her appointments in for the next time but insists on ringing me last minute. This time she has excelled herself and, although i nudged her, has now left it for 4 weeks.

When she comes for her appointment should i be removing what is there and starting again or rebalancing what is there? Also, what do i charge as there is bound to be much more work than a straight infill. Btw they are fibreglass.

Thanx in advance for any help or advice.

If you don't mind me replying to your question .... you only need to remove what is there IF the product has obviously deteriorated. You will be able to tell by how it feels when you are filing it and of course how it looks. If the product left is in good condition and well bonded to the plate, then rebalance.
Our recommendation in the salon is 3 weeks max. For every week a client is late in returning to the salon, they have to pay 10.00 extra on top of the normal rate.
I explain it to the client as being similar to the hair salon.You can't have a whole-head colour, and then return to the salon 3 months later and ask for your roots to be touched up. NO ... it would be a full-head colour
again!! It's no different.
Clients love to try and be clever and push it to the limit and the only way to stop them is to make them 'pay'.

That helps a lot - thanx very much. Yeah, they really try it on dont they. Can you imagine how thrilled i was when she sent me a text (not even a phone call!) this morning asking if i'd do them later this afternoon - on a Sunday no less!

Basically tho, if its an extra £10 per week then it'd be cheaper for her to have a complete new set wouldnt it? I guess that's the point eh? :D

Yep Carole thats the point.....charge for the time it will take you to do the maintenance.................and after 4 weeks it will be as much time as you would spend on a full set and sometimes even more.................
If she complains ............say it the way Gigi has just posted,the hairdressing scenario............. well explained I thought !!!

Thanx again for the advice. i'm so crap and let people take advantage of me :o . Its bad enough that at the moment it takes me far longer than it should doing a rebalance due to my newness but to do something that will take the time of a full set and do it for the infill price - that's working for nothing :cry:

Carole Lindsay said:
Thanx again for the advice. i'm so crap and let people take advantage of me :o . Its bad enough that at the moment it takes me far longer than it should doing a rebalance due to my newness but to do something that will take the time of a full set and do it for the infill price - that's working for nothing :cry:
having just read that again, i think perhaps i'd better rephrase that: i'm not crap at application, just charging the right price :D

Hiya

Definately charge full set at least. If you have to remove them then charge for that too dont let her take the micheal!!!
Some clients have to learn the hard way. Be firm and confident.

Okay, Tracy, i can do firm and confident :lol:

Wish me luck!!

Best wishes,

geeg said:
If you don't mind me replying to your question .... you only need to remove what is there IF the product has obviously deteriorated. You will be able to tell by how it feels when you are filing it and of course how it looks. If the product left is in good condition and well bonded to the plate, then rebalance.
Our recommendation in the salon is 3 weeks max. For every week a client is late in returning to the salon, they have to pay 10.00 extra on top of the normal rate.
I explain it to the client as being similar to the hair salon.You can't have a whole-head colour, and then return to the salon 3 months later and ask for your roots to be touched up. NO ... it would be a full-head colour
again!! It's no different.
Clients love to try and be clever and push it to the limit and the only way to stop them is to make them 'pay'.
yup nice one gigi :D i will keep that one under my hat!!!

Hi Carole, have to say i know where you are coming from being a newbie tech myself. Its hard to be firm and confident in the beginning isn't it so you tend to let things slide abit as you don't want to scare your clients away. but then if they love what you do they will be prepared to pay, and they know hearts of hearts that they should be paying.

I'm a fine one to talk though i tend to do that at times but then you do end up charging less and it costs you more. My aunt often says to me that i don't charge her enough but i use her as my practise hands if you like, she is happy for me to take hours on a reballance and nail art as she loves what they look like at the end.

Keep at it and be strong.:biggrin:

hi talented talons (what is your real name or do you not disclose that). thanx for your comforting words and i promise to try to be stronger. the person who is being a pain at the moment is quite a strong person and she's the last person i want to go head to head with!!! but as my hubbie says, if you lose her as a client then she's not worth having!!! i'll keep you posted on whether she bothers to actually ring for this long awaited infill appointment!!

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back