Very quiet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neeti

Reaction score
Hi all,

I opened in June and have seen the business very steadily growing - October was in fact my best month!! However, this month (November) has so far been absolutely dead!!! Is this normal as everyone wants to book in December or am I doing something wrong?

Any offers of wisdom and things I can do to grow would be greatly appreciated :( :(

Exactly the same here [emoji22]

Hey Hun,

Have you tried advertising some offers on social media? I saw a salon recently advertise "tomorrow we'll be offering services for discounted prices to ONE customer only (first to comment) and then every hour or so they posted, as an example:

1 set of LVL lashes for *** first to comment. . .

1 set of Acrylic nails for *** first to comment. . .

It seemed to drum up customers and if people don't get a chance to get an offer, it's likely they'll book in anyway.

Maybe advertise the offers as Christmas party prep?

Hope this helps,
xx

Hi, I also opened in June and finding November is quieter. Not sure what treatments you do but I've had quite a few bookings advertising things that can be done now and last until Christmas -ie did a lash lift post saying have great lashes for the whole party season...also gel toes would be the same. Doing these now will free up space in December as they will last anyway and I'm hoping the new clients will recommend friends and book treatments such as nails nearer Christmas.

Also used the free time to plan ahead and schedule my Facebook posts for December as already much busier and it'll take the pressure off then xX

people tend to hold off due to xmas being around the corner,. once xmas work party dates start to get confirmed etc, it will soon get busy again :)

Same here, it's horrendous [emoji31]. I looked at my books for last November and that was crap too. I think most of us are in the same boat, but it can be really soul destroying!
Can't wait for December!

Same here...
I have my regulars but no newbies!!!
I'm fully booked the week of Xmas so can't really take any new ones on and get them in for Xmas too!
Thinking of putting an offer on for the next few weeks but I have no idea what I want to offer and at what prices.
Xx

Last November was so booked for me that I made twice as much, so I thought this year would be too but I've had nothing but boring books and lots of cancellations. [emoji52]

What is it with cancellations and no shows at the moment?! Driving me insane :mad:. I currently don't take deposits but I've been looking at upgrading my website (which is an expense I was looking to avoid) just because I've had a ridiculous number of last minute cancellations.
That said, I'm actually quite busy which is good but I have noticed a shift in treatments; I'm hardly doing any beauty this month, all my clients are booked in for massage, whereas December I only have nails and facials booked in and no massage at all.

What is it with cancellations and no shows at the moment?! Driving me insane :mad:. I currently don't take deposits but I've been looking at upgrading my website (which is an expense I was looking to avoid) just because I've had a ridiculous number of last minute cancellations.
That said, I'm actually quite busy which is good but I have noticed a shift in treatments; I'm hardly doing any beauty this month, all my clients are booked in for massage, whereas December I only have nails and facials booked in and no massage at all.
A website should never be an expense. If you pick the right company it's an investment ;) It will make you money.

What I do is I collect data from every single client that comes through my door... October & November are months that do slow down however I am prepared for this in September I give out vouchers for use in October November (only to clients who wouldn't normally have the voucher treatment) so not loosing money on clients that would normally book I send out texts in the day if quiet to clients who I have saved as 'deal clients' and put we have had a cancellation today at 1 o clock for example the first client to ring & book can book a full body massage for £18 example exclusive text to our last minuet clients because I advertise is as add your number to our last minuet list if you want appointments on the off chance which are people who don't regularly book anyway and only come because it's on offer... usually 3 or 4 clients ring wanting the space & I can then say well it's booked up if it already is but we have this time today also now soon fills up and I also do a pick and mix offer only with junior therapists and say it must be prebooked in advance as we get full quick .... I always plan ahead and have never had a quiet patch in the last 2 years been open almost 6 today I did training with one staff who was quiet this morning and advertised for models so I could help get her eyelashes up to speed so filled her column with models discounted to get her quicker with lashes and I also run a facebook competition like and share and sponsor the pick and mix on facebook. I put an offer voucher on facebook 20% off to new clients only in October & November so no one is using it in December and I'm also not discounting any senior member of staff if you need any ideas of help message me xx

Only thing don't get in the habit of sending last minuet appointments I do it only once a month or less so people aren't waiting on it they know it's only now and again xx

What I do is I collect data from every single client that comes through my door... October & November are months that do slow down however I am prepared for this in September I give out vouchers for use in October November (only to clients who wouldn't normally have the voucher treatment) so not loosing money on clients that would normally book I send out texts in the day if quiet to clients who I have saved as 'deal clients' and put we have had a cancellation today at 1 o clock for example the first client to ring & book can book a full body massage for £18 example exclusive text to our last minuet clients because I advertise is as add your number to our last minuet list if you want appointments on the off chance which are people who don't regularly book anyway and only come because it's on offer... usually 3 or 4 clients ring wanting the space & I can then say well it's booked up if it already is but we have this time today also now soon fills up and I also do a pick and mix offer only with junior therapists and say it must be prebooked in advance as we get full quick .... I always plan ahead and have never had a quiet patch in the last 2 years been open almost 6 today I did training with one staff who was quiet this morning and advertised for models so I could help get her eyelashes up to speed so filled her column with models discounted to get her quicker with lashes and I also run a facebook competition like and share and sponsor the pick and mix on facebook. I put an offer voucher on facebook 20% off to new clients only in October & November so no one is using it in December and I'm also not discounting any senior member of staff if you need any ideas of help message me xx
Thank you that's really appreciated advice x

Plan for January now, I give out xmas cards to every client after 1st December with a January coupon n email campaign with January always promote all clients to rebook next appointment for example i do a gel polish offer we charge £22 many salons close by charge less but if you prebook your next appointment at your appointment you get your gel removal free next time it keeps people booking and saves them £5 and it really worked for me to get repeat bookings and gets new clients to book the next one I also email every client after they have been with a link to our online booking system and our facebook page we also do if you book your hd brows back in within 4 weeks you get £5 off but must be within 4 weeks and prebooked & I have one staff member that is always fully booked for hd 2 months in advance clients 6 months worth of hd with her at a time as they know she will be full and she works 10-8 4 days a week xxx

I'm mobile and November has been shocking for me too xxx

Latest posts

Back