Very short lashes & extension - v long post!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faithslashes

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Wondered if anyone can give any tips or guidance. I had a client who I gave a straight forward eyelash extension to last week. She had very short lashes which were also very fine and very few.

I felt that I did a good job and was happy with the result given the circumstances, however she called me 3 days later telling me that she'd got paint on a few lashes after doing some diy - trying to take the paint off she inadvertently removed some lashes along with her own lashes - ouch. I said I would come round the following day to see if I could do anything to fill in the gap!!

By the time I got there she had another problem. When she woke in the morning there were lots of lashes (fake) lying on her pillow. I ended up taking them all off and giving her an express lash extension in a crisscross to try and give her a fuller look (free of charge).

I've just spoken again with her to find out how her lashes are doing and some lashes have come off around the inner lash area, but generally ok.

Personally I think she's just one of these people that extensions are just not going to work very well,however, she has another appointment booked for the end of the month and not sure what to do.

Is there an extra strong glue I could use. I use all Nouveau products and am very happy with them.

Sorry for the novel.
Faith x

hello faith. go straight back as soon as pos and take off all the criss cross lashes and use the 1.5 fine lashes in 7s 8s and maybe 9s.and do one lash per one hair
if you wait a month before you see her again her own lashes might get pulled out by then and she will be in agony in a week or two if u leave it that long.
good luck what glue are you using at the moment, and i am sure you prepped the lashes beforehand. good luck xxx
love laura from ooh~la~lashes

Criss cross??

I agree with Laura that the express technique you have used shouldn't be left on for longer than 2 weeks. I also agree about the length and thickness for her next application.

You said you used "short" lashes on her. What do you class as short? It's possible the lashes you used were just a bit too long and if her own lashes were extremely short there may not have been much of an area to bond. If her lashes were extremely straight and you used say a C or D curl this also wouldn't be ideal as the bonding area is so small.

I would try her with a fine, short b curl and see how she goes with these.

I did a client with very short, straight, fine blonde lashes. I used 1.5 J curl in sizes 6 and 7 with Flitries expert strength glue (which I swear by) and they lasted 3 wks before she needed an infill. It's getting the right balance of curl, lenghth, width and definately the glue you use is a major factor. HTH.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thank you for help. I used .15 j curl sizes 8 and only few 10's. I have no intentions of leaving the express lashes on for longer than the recommended 2weeks. However I wanted to try this method for her as the lash is placed over several of her own lashes and thought (still think) that this would be better structure for the lashes.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back