Very sore skin from waxing... what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scissorz

Reaction score
Hi I am a hair geek hope you don't mind me posting here, I was looking for some advice on what to put on my eyebrows, I had them waxed yesterday an they have come up really red an sore this morning and stinging like mad!! I need a quick fix if possible as I'm going out tonight please, thanks in advance :)

Hi there,
Cold compress will sooth the redness. Just cotton pad dampened in cold water (make sure your hands are clean). Cold milk soothes burns as well as it sounds to me that the wax could have been too hot.

Dont cover it with any make up just yet. Once you are going out, apply mineral make up to the area to cover the redness

Hth

Jurate xx

Thank you I use mineral make up anyway, it didn't hurt at the time an I've had lots of waxing before, but yes from the way it is stinging I think it is a little burnt :)

Lavender oil soothes burns and helps them heal, on unbroken skin. Will take out the heat of a dry burn almost immediately. Apply with a cotton bud neat.

Never use milk on burns. It has fat in it and that just warms on the burn so does not do the burn any good. Just use cold water as much as possible. I normally use Hawaiian tropic green gel after sun. Keep it in the fridge, it works wonders. Cools and soothes and refuses redness. I swear by it.

Sorry that was meant to say reduces redness.

Aloe Vera gel, amazing stuff!

Aloe Vera gel, amazing stuff!

Totally agree and you can keep the gel in the fridge, it's under £5 from holland and Barrats. Failing that witch hazel.

can you get sudocrem in the uk?. it's great too.

Definitely need to take the heat out of the equation, with cold water (on cotton wool pad or flannel as already suggested)
something else to consider is the hot weather we've been having! normally not an issue in britain but the sun can really affect freshly waxed skin always take extra care in the sun after being waxed : )

Latest posts

Back