Very stringy hot wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberleymikad0

Reaction score
I had been trained in warn wax but wanted to make the move to hot wax for the more intimate areas. So I did a training course in it. However both in the course and practising afterwards, the wax was very stringey. It was as if i was making candy floss. The trainer thought the wax might have been not hot enough but then she checked the temperature and said it seemed fine. Could it still have been too cold despite her checking it, could it have been another factor or could it maybe have been the quality of the wax used? It was just the hot honey wax beads from sallys as that's what we were told to bring. I made such the transfer time from pot to skin was pretty much instant in my practise as had been told that could cause the problem if it was cooling too much during the transfer but it didn't make any difference. Any advise would be greatly received. Thanks.

I find the best way is just to swivel the spatula back and forth fast and the strings detach. Plus turning the spatula too several times. I get some strings but it’s mostly when I haven’t tried to disconnect the wax from my spatula properly first.

Ok brilliant il try that thanks. Mind me asking what hot wax you use or would recommend?

I currently use Perron Rigot but will also be using Kim Lawless shortly.

Okay brilliant thanks

Did you find much difference between those and the lesser brands?

Depending on the brand it might heat differently too, for example ours stays solid in the centre and only melts on the outside, if its melted throughout it could be too hot. With a bit of experience you get to know your wax but maybe go back to your trainer to get a bit of help ?
There is also different types of hard wax so maybe ask for some samples of the different brands?

Yeah that's a good idea thanks. Ellisons gave me samples before when as switching warm waxing but I was told salon direct and salon services don't do samples. Is there anywhere else I could ask to try some?

Depending on the brand it might heat differently too, for example ours stays solid in the centre and only melts on the outside, if its melted throughout it could be too hot. With a bit of experience you get to know your wax but maybe go back to your trainer to get a bit of help ?
There is also different types of hard wax so maybe ask for some samples of the different brands?
Mind me asking what brands you've used tried and what you would or wouldn't recommend?

Mind me asking what brands you've used tried and what you would or wouldn't recommend?
I have tried a few but stuck with flirties and you can get a sample pack with the hard and soft wax so you can try both. Feel free to pm me if I can help with anything x

That would be brilliant thanks [emoji4]

You can ask Perron Rigot for samples, I like Homme or Blue. I have also changed to Kim Lawless hot and strip wax, and find them excellent

You can ask Perron Rigot for samples, I like Homme or Blue. I have also changed to Kim Lawless hot and strip wax, and find them excellent
Brilliant thanks [emoji4]

Sometimes the thermometer or the wax pot can give off false readings I recommend lycon wax I rarely have this problem with lycon

Sometimes the thermometer or the wax pot can give off false readings I recommend lycon wax I rarely have this problem with lycon
Brilliant thanks!

Latest posts

Back