Very subtle ombré with copper and dark tones technique help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K8's

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have a new client who hasn't coloured her hair for a year and wants a nice quasi to complement her natural. She has a previous ombré which looks like a balayage technique as it's very natural. She likes the idea of keeping the ombré look and maybe making the ends a copper tone using her previous lightened hair. It is very subtle. I was wondering what technique I should use to go about this? Should I apply the quasi to roots then starting at nape take slices and balayage in foil feathering a copper tone up then apply the dark from root down to blend? Then leave a section out in between and apply the darker colour to that bit to make it very subtle?
Hope this makes sense
Xxx

Can anyone help me with this?

Is it possible to add a photo? Your technique in the beginning sounds about right but the part where you miss a section to apply the dark colour im abit confused about..
If this is hair 1st colour appointment best thing i would do would be to get the base shade she desires 1st To make sure she's happy with that Then do a separate appointment booking for her balayage and Toner. Less confusion and mess. Because if the base shade isnt what she wants or like then you would have to do it again. Which could end up as a Colour Correction. Which you want to avoid doing Hope that makes sense and helps you ☺️lol

Is it possible to add a photo? Your technique in the beginning sounds about right but the part where you miss a section to apply the dark colour im abit confused about..
If this is hair 1st colour appointment best thing i would do would be to get the base shade she desires 1st To make sure she's happy with that Then do a separate appointment booking for her balayage and Toner. Less confusion and mess. Because if the base shade isnt what she wants or like then you would have to do it again. Which could end up as a Colour Correction. Which you want to avoid doing Hope that makes sense and helps you ☺️lol
Ah sorry to confuse you, I haven't got a pic but I will google one to show you what I mean.
She overall wants to be darker. She has a very subtle ombré at the moment which was done a year ago. The ends are a 7/8 level at the moment she wants to be a base 5 all over but using the lighten bits she already has to be a copper tone.
I want the base 5 to mingle in with the ends so I thought if I leave a sectoin out in between maybe 2 foils and apply the root colour through to ends of that section I will get that effect rather than just copper on the ends does that make sense? Thanks for your reply to me xxYesterday at 10:26 PM

Here is what I mean look wise but the lighter bits a copper tone and darker it's going to be very subtle not a big colour difference in depth between the two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 32
Ah sorry to confuse you, I haven't got a pic but I will google one to show you what I mean.
She overall wants to be darker. She has a very subtle ombré at the moment which was done a year ago. The ends are a 7/8 level at the moment she wants to be a base 5 all over but using the lighten bits she already has to be a copper tone.
I want the base 5 to mingle in with the ends so I thought if I leave a sectoin out in between maybe 2 foils and apply the root colour through to ends of that section I will get that effect rather than just copper on the ends does that make sense? Thanks for your reply to me xxYesterday at 10:26 PM
That's exactly what I do for a more subtle ombré or balayage. Every other section is painted with the base colour.

That's exactly what I do for a more subtle ombré or balayage. Every other section is painted with the base colour.
Ahh thanks so much she's coming today. So do you think I will get similar results to the pic doing that way? X

aaahhh i see yeah i would do that leave a section out but not too Thick not too thin Cant wait to see the results :)

Latest posts

Back