Very thin nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, hoping you can help me, I have a friend who used to go and have her nails done at an NSS salon before I did my training, when she had them removed her nails were curling and very very thin, she has a problem keeping the enhancements on now as she gets a lot of lifting. I am sure this is not down to my prep as she is the only client which this happens with. She has now decided to have them removed and is starting to have regular manicures (solar drench). I am using toughen up as a base coat and was wondering how long it would take before her nails regained enough strength before I could re apply the enhancement. Looking forward to your replys

from what you are saying, you will probably have to let the damage grow out and recondition the nails, so could be a good few months.

Jaydee said:
Hi All, hoping you can help me, I have a friend who used to go and have her nails done at an NSS salon before I did my training, when she had them removed her nails were curling and very very thin, she has a problem keeping the enhancements on now as she gets a lot of lifting. I am sure this is not down to my prep as she is the only client which this happens with. She has now decided to have them removed and is starting to have regular manicures (solar drench). I am using toughen up as a base coat and was wondering how long it would take before her nails regained enough strength before I could re apply the enhancement. Looking forward to your replys
Toughen up will toughen the nail over a period of time with regular usage........... So you should see a difference within a few weeks...............

But why not switch her over from L&P to Fabric# , flexible, light and will adhere perfectly, just do the same great prep you always do............
She can still have the L&P look but with Fabric# technology.............

Just my thoughts

If your client wants to just have regular manicures, then maybe that's what you should do. She is probably feeling like her nails have been abused, and wants to give them a rest. I would suggest you give her manicures, and have her use solar oil, and toughen up, until she is ready to have enhancements again. Let us know how it goes.

Hi

I have worn enhancements for years and recently i was going for some dermalogica training that was spread over a month (dermalogica don't really like you to wear enhancements facials and nails don't mix :rolleyes: ) So i removed them and i haven't had any on for about 10 weeks now. I must admit i was gutted at first and really missed them!
I have to say my nails were quite thin and i had some vertical splits down a couple, but they are now back to normal strength which is quite fast i think compared to the years i have worn nails.
And i have to admit to abusing :o my nails whipping them off the practice a new product etc you know how you do!! ;)

SO my point is i would say if they are really thin go for 3 months and then reapply. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back