Very unhappy with nails-complaint procedure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanyalbeck

Reaction score
Hiya all,
6 days ago I had CND Brisa Lite nail enhancements done by a mobile nail technician who says she is CND qualified / trained. Yesterday a couple started to look weak around the sides, as if coming off. Today one literally fell off, and others look like they're going to follow suit. I asked the technician about it and said that I had followed all aftercare advice such as wearing gloves, using solar oil; etc. she replied saying that there was nothing wrong with her product or work so it must be my fault and that its normal to need 'maintenance' after a week as I am a former nail biter (been clean for 6 weeks, yay!)

Is this normal? I paid £40 for the procedure which took over 2 hours and lasted less than a week. I am extremely careful with care and followed all instructions / advice. I hate making formal complaints / making a big deal out of things, but should I take this further, and if so, how? I genuinely don't want to be just an awkward customer! :sad:

Finally, she won't remove the rest of them unless I pay for it! Can I remove them at home? Please help!
Thanks so much
Tanya

i certainly dont think it correct for her to blame you then insist they should need maintenace after a week, but i cannot comment on how to remove them as i do not use this product. may i suggest another technician? considering you paid so much for them and so much time, usually a tech would be devastated at the fact her work is coming off in a week! i know I would be. it is usually after two weeks they need maintenace.

again i don't know about complaints but if i was you i would perhaps find someone else who is able to help, i'm sure you can soak off brisa lite with acetone, cotton wool and foil, but i cant really say.

If you are unhappy with the service and the technician is unwilling to inspect the work or offer a helpful solution you might want to contact your local trading standards agency or Citizens Advice bureau?

Sorry you are unhappy and it is not nice to feel that someone is fobbing you off but hopefully you can sort things out with the technician. I would NOT remove them yourself!!!!!! No No No!!!!! Take photographs of the nails, preferably before and after pics? Pictures from when the nails still looked good and of course pics of what they are like now.Make sure they are really clear. Lodge your complaint with the relevant body ( TS or CAB) and then get them repaired or removed by her if she is available, or with someone else. Either way you will probably end up paying for removal but might be able to claim from her insurer who will or should become involved once you lodge a complaint with Trading Standards

That's definitely not good customer service! Nail biters (and reformed nail biters) sometime need maintenance work more sooner than healthy nail clients, but that's hardly the way to speak to a client. Did she even offer to see your nails to assess them in anyway at all? Was any of this (potential problems and precautions with nail biters) discussed during your initial consultation? As for removal, you should get it removed by a CND tech/salon as oppose to removing it yourself to prevent any damages.

Thanks all! More bits flaked and chipped off overnight and this morning I soaked cotton wool in a acetone and took the others off (I had not seen your replies yet!) I had acrylics done in a local salon today instead but took photos of the entire process yesterday and wrote to the CND certificat ion place and to the Guild of Nail Technicians to ask for advice on taking further action. I really didn't want to be difficult but as she even refused to look and assess them I didn't have much choice. Oh well!
Thanks so much.... Will contact TS at some point too.
Tanya x

Latest posts

Back