very very small nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
I had a lady yesterday who only has half a nail bed on her little finger due to it being damaged years ago in a mangle. The nail still grows in a fashion but it is paper thin and holey. It is too short to put a tip on as it is half length of normal nail. I was thinking of doing a sculptured on it but couple of things can u do sculp nails with gel?? and what about the bit of nail that does grow and is so thin you couldnt do anything with it not sure if i should just cut it off???

I had a lady yesterday who only has half a nail bed on her little finger due to it being damaged years ago in a mangle. The nail still grows in a fashion but it is paper thin and holey. It is too short to put a tip on as it is half length of normal nail. I was thinking of doing a sculptured on it but couple of things can u do sculp nails with gel?? and what about the bit of nail that does grow and is so thin you couldnt do anything with it not sure if i should just cut it off???

Why would you want to cut the nail off.....? The client has come to you for you to provide a service for her and to enhance the nail so it asthetically pleasing to the eye. Otherwise she could have saved her money and cut it off herself. If she has only half a nail then you have plenty of nail to pre taylor a tip and enhance it. Use an opaque pink on zone 2 and 3......for camoflague.
David

yes, you can sculpt nails with gel, but its not the easiest thing to do when you have so little experience. there is a tutorial about it on this site. another way is to pre tailor the tip so that you only need a very little nail to fit it too. i see from your profile you have only been a tech for about a month, could you perhaps ask one of the more eperienced nail techs in your salon to treat this client ? usually some one with such a short time in the industry would only be doing model sets at a discount.

when i say cut the nail off probably not what you are thinking. the main part of the nail is ok half way up her nail bed, the other half is a paper thin nail (only on one side nothing at the other side with holes in it as it is so thin.) I wouldnt be able to attach a tip to it and as it is attached to the bit that is half way up her nail bed i then couldnt attach a tip to that either. if the paper thin holey bit wasnt there i thought then i would be able to sculpt a nail.

Also the point about discount price you are correct i only charge £6 !! to cover the cost of the materials and for me to gain experience also i am working on and for my self.

Yes huni you can sculpt with gel....make sure the form sits flush, so there is no seepage and follows the line of the natural nail, the form will support the flimsy nail structure so you can apply your gel over this and build a nice nail....... I would just shape the nail a tad, there is no need to cut it right off.

Latest posts

Back