Vibrant red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ven

Reaction score
Hi could anyone recommend the best red, I use igora but will try any other , client base 5 and wants some bright red flashes in hair ,
the way she explained the colour was like cat out of eastenders lol :biggrin:red that bright ,

Affinage Bred red with 6%, or loreal majicontrast with 9%, but affinage lasts longer and needs lower levels of peroxide to lift.

Or redken... But Affinage is the best!

I also need some help with a full color primary red! Currently using matrix socolor: 2 parts red lights R, 1 part 6RR, and equal parts 30 vol.
the color looks spot on amazing BUT fades out completely after 3-4 washes.
What can/should I do?
Switch lines?
Need advice please!!!

Hi could anyone recommend the best red, I use igora but will try any other , client base 5 and wants some bright red flashes in hair ,
the way she explained the colour was like cat out of eastenders lol :biggrin:red that bright ,

Majicontrast red 30vol x

The new revlon privee red collection is fantastic x

i used to use wella 77,46 mixed with the brand Lk 00.555 red mixer not all wholesalers stock it though i only know m+s wholesalers to stock it red.jpg

pic isnt the best it was very red but if u want abit more bright red with slight copper red i would use the 00.556 mixer .x

I also need some help with a full color primary red! Currently using matrix socolor: 2 parts red lights R, 1 part 6RR, and equal parts 30 vol.
the color looks spot on amazing BUT fades out completely after 3-4 washes.
What can/should I do?
Switch lines?
Need advice please!!!

It shouldnt be fading after so little washes. What condition is the hair like and what products do you use on it? Might be better to use a semi like directions to top the colour up instead of using permanent on permanent which will damage the hair.

I you repeatily do 30vol overthe same sections you are over processing the hair making it weaker to be able to hold colour. But them again red fades super quickly. I tell my client (if they have a dark base all over) to buy a colour ball or crazy colour in red and when they wash their hair use 1/2 conditioner and 1/2 red and it keeps it fresh.

I like the majicontrast red try with 30vol

If the hair is an uncoloured base 5, I would only use 6% with the majicontrast as it contains bleaching agents, 9% will be too much for the hair resulting in serious fading.

Latest posts

Back