Vicki Peters Glass Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proud User Of Vicki Peters awesome products!!! :)
Are you no longer an exclusive Tammy Taylor user then?

Personally I don't give two figs what legal product a tech uses, I look at the work produced by the tech not the product, but this has turned into a lets bash the s**t out of the socalled biased peps of this forum.

Either get back to the main question of the thread or close it.......SIMPLE

Personally I don't give two figs what legal product a tech uses, I look at the work produced by the tech not the product, but this has turned into a lets bash the s**t out of the socalled biased peps of this forum.

Either get back to the main question of the thread or close it.......SIMPLE

I totally agree, it would be a shame if it has to go down this route when she's only asking a simple question . Chroger, when you get the product fill us in on how you found it :)

this is why you have very few ppl posting here from USA, your one sided views on any other product besides CND..
Ppl get so turned off by your rude, crass, comments to other ppl about their style preferance. Or the products they prefer over CND.

I thank god everyday that we do have so many other choices to make us successful in our choosen field. If you have the mentality to think there is only ONE decent nail product you are the loser.

how about getting your head out your butt, & seeing what else is out there to make you better nail tech.

if I get points or rude emails, or if I am called a fava bean :rolleyes: .. I care not...

I do know I have made a terrific living at doing nails & kicked CND to the curb , after 1 month of fighting with it to make a decent nail :irked:

I happily moved on to better things.

Proud User Of Vicki Peters awesome products!!! :)

whats a fava bean ?

Hey Geeks!!

I've just been having a little rummage in the net looking for a new professional acrylic system and i've stummbled across the Vicki Peters range. I've watched a few video's of the acrylics being used and i have to be honest they look absolutely stunning. Its called the glass range and it appears flawless!! No bubbles nothing!! Anyway Im looking into buying the try me kit which seems excellent value i was just wondering if any of you fellow geeks have had any experience with it and if so what you thought. I'll look forward to your responses!! Thank you in advance!!

Ok guys lets get this thread back on track......

Vicky and there is no doubt, knows her stuff and her products. So yes it is unfair to comment on someone when they don't know anything about this person or their industry standing and reputation.....
A quick google on Vicky Peters would have brought up shed loads of stuff she is involved with.....

Sourcing products for us in the UK can be quiet tricky......
Commitment of support from any distributor to wards us here on our little island is very important. How can we trouble shoot application problems? Will there be there for us 100% every step of the way. Every product has its own tweaks and little ways. So will this be easily sorted out, if the Distributor is 1000nds of miles away.
Is the product readily available? Do you need to import it yourself? Do you need to pay import tax and duties? Customs and Excise are pretty picky and do watch for not so legally shipped parcels. That's why shipping costs can out weigh the on first impression price advantages...

Any product that is advertised will show itself in the brightest and best light, with the help of a fantastic skilled Technician.....The Technician will make the product rock and roll, how many of us have brought a product because it looked like a dream, looked easy to use and performed like Michael Schuhmacher on a fantastic day. Then we get our hands on it and well it didn't do anything like that for us? Who do we blame, the product or the lack of understanding how to get the best from it? Which isn't really fair on the product nor the people behind the brand.

If anyone is switching products because there is a problem with application technique, then I think those problems would have to be addressed first.... but if there is a problem because its showing short comings in durability, reliability and technology advancement, then its time to re think and switch......

But never dismiss a product because you either never have heard of it or have got blinkers on.....whether it is here in the UK or wherever globally xxx

JMHO xxxxx

Love ya Ruth:hug::Love::hug::Love:

Don't be too frightened of the p&P costs. I know a couple of techs that order their readily available products such as ezflow and CND from the states cause the cost of the products is way cheaper even the p&P!

Great post Ruth!! Very thought provoking for us ALL!!!:idea:

Don't be too frightened of the p&P costs. I know a couple of techs that order their readily available products such as ezflow and CND from the states cause the cost of the products is way cheaper even the p&P!

This is a good point. I order some supplies from the US to Canada. I pay a lot in duty but it's still almost half price!

I can't comment on the laws for Canada or the States, I can only go by what I know about our laws with regards to shipping and importing costs.
The final end cost to me and other UK geeks. ....... I ordered a few years ago products form the States..... seemed a bargain at the time..... then when it arrived I was also charged here in the UK with taxes and duties for my ordered items. So the bargain wasn't a bargain after all. It added 80% to my initial cost.
The best advise I can give to any UK geek is this; If you want to order from outside the UK check with Customs and Excise as to how much you could expect to pay at the UK end. Oh and they don't release your parcel until all duties and taxes have been paid.....

Just be informed before you commit yourself to a bargain that may turn out to be not such a bargain.
JMHT xxx

I can't comment on the laws for Canada or the States, I can only go by what I know about our laws with regards to shipping and importing costs.
JMHT xxx

I agree to the UK would be much more expensive.

Canada - US next door neighbours, plus we have the free trade agreement (although only on items produced and manufactured in the US.) It wouldn't compare to crossing the pond...

Even in Canada, I wouldn't want to purchase US items that I rely on every day - there are long delays as items go through customs. I get things like files that I can stock pile.

Even Canada from US has to be dirt cheap to work.

Maybe a group of you could get together and buy in bulk if you decide you love the products, then you can all split the shipping and duties, etc...

:)

And just to back up Lana, Vicki Peters is on level ground here in the US, with Gigi there in the UK. Just so you all know what her reputation IS. Vicki pretty much INVENTED how competitions go here, and I have heard her name my ENTIRE career, and always with respect.

Thanks to those that kept this thread on track, I would hate to see yet ANOTHER thread on "CND VS. THE WORLD."

The only way we learn what we love to work with is to check out other products. It's how I found my own way to CND, but I am not everybody! You may find you love the new product and switch everything, or you may find it only bolsters your love of what you had in the first place even more!

Just make sure you do your homework, and follow the specific instructions for that particular product- everything is different... :)

GOOD LUCK!

Wow! I cant believe what has come out of my simple question! lol I just want to say thank you to everyone first of all - I have been in constant contact with Vicki Peters over the past few days and her customer service is second to none!! And at the end of the day you have to speak as you find. The only thing i have to comment on is the way people speak about products. personally i have been in the nail industry for nearly 4 years and i have used acrylics from Creative to Star Nails and back again, If you are happy with your technique and you are confident enough with your results you can make almost any product work for you. I honest believe its 50% down to the product and 50% down to the nail tech. If you are not confident with your work even using a system like creative will not help (IMO) I have researched into Vicki over the past week and her reputation is unbelievable like HeatherDavis said she is the US version of Gigi. I'm hoping to order my products in the next few days!! I promise i'll let you all know how i get on. I am looking to buy the Glass Acrylic Kit, and the S-Gel kit - The price speaks for itself for both systems it will cost £106!!! Even if postage is up to £50 its still a bargain!! lol I hope to send you all photos in the next few weeks!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

At the end of the day, UK Nail Techs are better off using UK nail products for reasons I mentioned in another post.

Are there any "UK nail products"? Just about everything I have tried started its life in the US.

Hey Fellow geeks!!

Im sure a lot of you read the thread last week titled "Vicki Peters Glass Acrylic"
I have been in constant contact with Vicki throughout the week and she has managed to find a way to ship the products to the UK. YAY :)!
Anyway over the past week quite a few geeks have been in contact with me saying they would also like to order a few things. If you'd still like to Order please let me know either by PM-ing me or emailing [email protected]
Vicki has suggested I email her one large order for all of us geeks and then she can give us individual postage costs!! YAY!! Glass Acrylic here we come! lol Hope to speak to you all soon!! :hug:

I'm not interested, thanks.

BUT

I am confused why a thread regarding nail products has been moved to the chit-chat forum that is for "off topic posts"??
This IS nail related, is it not?

Just curious, is all.
(I had been following all the Vicki Peters hooplah, to see what transpired, and looked to see where this thread was.. and couldn't find it at first..)

:hug:

OK.Where are those moderators. MOVE THIS THREAD!!!

They did move it.
From the Nail forum, to the chit-chat forum.
I'm confused.

(nothing new, there. Me being confused, that is :lol:)

when you get it you have to let us know how it works out for you.

I'm happy it worked out for you.

Ive used the trial kit for the gass kote series and its AMAZING!!!!!!! the colors are great and no problems with bubbles. You should really try out the samplepack for yourself. Trust me I think you will be pleased.:green:

does anyone know where i can get the tool she uses to to do the french twist with as i would love to do this

Latest posts

Back