Vicki Peters Glass Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!!

I've just been having a little rummage in the net looking for a new professional acrylic system and i've stummbled across the Vicki Peters range. I've watched a few video's of the acrylics being used and i have to be honest they look absolutely stunning. Its called the glass range and it appears flawless!! No bubbles nothing!! Anyway Im looking into buying the try me kit which seems excellent value i was just wondering if any of you fellow geeks have had any experience with it and if so what you thought. I'll look forward to your responses!! Thank you in advance!!

I don't know very much about Acrylics, other than what I read here.
But with regards to 'bubbles', I believe those occur from improper mix-ratio and/or improper application and are nothing to do with the quality of the product?

An L&P expert can correct me, if I'm wrong I'm sure.

But if I am correct, I don't think I would choose an acrylic based on 'lack of bubbles' in a video or similar. Know what I mean?
I'd be more inclined to choose it for it's quality and reputation.
I'm not saying her line is bad....NOT AT ALL!!
I'm only speaking in reference to the Bubbles.

Just some food for thought
:hug:

Hi!

I wouldn't change from a top brand to one that's less well known.

I see from your profile you use Creative . . . just wondering why you would want to change brands??

Hello, Thanks for your replies. I totally understand what you mean in regards to the bubbles. I didnt mean it to come across quite like it has. lol I understand about the wrong mix ratio etc I just cant belive the clearness of the product it is literally like glass. Dont get me wrong i love creative and it is without a doubt the number1 product line. Unfortunatley i'm the type of person who loves to experiment with different product lines. And i know a lot of my clients like to try new things with me. I just saw a few of her video's where she uses the glass acrylic and it looks lovley lol

Have a look through the Galleries on here.. I have seen loads of pictures of nails that look absolutely flawless, like Glass... using EZflow and Creative, and I think even NSI.

well vicki peters is a long standing industry professional and a top u.s competitor and compoetition judge, so i would think if she has had a product designed to her specification there is a good chance of it being a good product.
it may not be a name we all recognise here in the u.k, but in the u.s i believe vicki is a well respected tech.

i actually have a sample set of her product, but have not got round to trying it yet.

Yes she does have a fantastic reputation in the US. You said you have a sample. I hope you dont mind me asking where did you manage to order this? The only problems im having is postage to the uk.

well vicki peters is a long standing industry professional and a top u.s competitor and compoetition judge, so i would think if she has had a product designed to her specification there is a good chance of it being a good product.
it may not be a name we all recognise here in the u.k, but in the u.s i believe vicki is a well respected tech.

i actually have a sample set of her product, but have not got round to trying it yet.

Britney Spears has sold lots of records - I won't buy her signature scent.

Andrew Collinge is a great hairdresser - I won't buy his own brand Shampoo

Vici Peters may be a great Nail Tech - what does she know about manufacturing nail products?

Well i think a lot lol All im looking to do is try it out.

Well i think a lot lol All im looking to do is try it out.

You are obviously quite right to try before you buy.

The only problem I foresee is...what if you LOVE it......and there is no UK distributor how are you going to get any further product without buying in massive bulk and paying shipment costs from the U.S..

Or are you thinking of taking on a distributorship??? :lol:

There you go...asking for some info....to getting a try me kit....to taking on a distributorship....all in 10 posts :lol:

I love this site!

HAHA!!! tell me about it!! Well im definately looking into getting a try me kit. At the moment im quite lucky becasue im working mobile and i'm running my own salon so i use quite a bit of acrylic so buying in bulk wouldnt be a problem. Obviously it all depends on the postage costs. Personnally and i know a lot of geeks wont agree with me on this one but i dont tend to concentrate too much on reputation. I always tend to try the product out myself and make up my own mind. At the moment im using creative retention+ not because of the reputation only because it is what i trained with and i was happy with the results i was getting. Im really not sure how im going to get the product over here! :( Thats the only thing holding me back lol

You are obviously quite right to try before you buy.

The only problem I foresee is...what if you LOVE it......and there is no UK distributor how are you going to get any further product without buying in massive bulk and paying shipment costs from the U.S..

Or are you thinking of taking on a distributorship??? :lol:

There you go...asking for some info....to getting a try me kit....to taking on a distributorship....all in 10 posts :lol:

I love this site!

I know I know I know!

Why don't we get one of our top Comp winning Geeks to make a new range? Someone kinda local, so we can always replenish stock?

And at a price EVERYONE can afford!!! Fabulous Idea!!! lol

HAHA!!! tell me about it!! Well im definately looking into getting a try me kit. At the moment im quite lucky becasue im working mobile and i'm running my own salon so i use quite a bit of acrylic so buying in bulk wouldnt be a problem. Obviously it all depends on the postage costs. Personnally and i know a lot of geeks wont agree with me on this one but i dont tend to concentrate too much on reputation. I always tend to try the product out myself and make up my own mind. At the moment im using creative retention+ not because of the reputation only because it is what i trained with and i was happy with the results i was getting. Im really not sure how im going to get the product over here! :( Thats the only thing holding me back lol

Well if you aren't fussed on reputation then, why not go with a lesser known brand here in the UK that you can get your hands on at every trade show?

How comes you ended up just training with Creative? Was it what you were taught with in college or did you actually book on a Creative course?

If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If you are happy with the results sometimes it's better to stick to what you know, however, Try me Kits are a good idea - you can get one from each company.

Definitely have a good think about the P&P - what happens if you knock over your bottle of Vicki Phillips Monomer or upside a pot of her powder? You really wont be able to replace it as quick as you would if you bought something over here, and the packaging costs over 12 mths will add up!

i totally agree with you on and P&P score. I have spoken to Vicki herself as she is actually a fellow geek and she is trying to sort out something for me re. postage costs. How did i train in creative? Good question. lol I used to be a nail tech in Nails Inc. and creative is the product they used. Then when i left the company, i found out that Nails Inc. Do not provide certification there for i could not get insured for my salon. I phoned creative and they offered me a conversion course enabling me to gain my qualifications. Dont get me wrong im not saying im leaving creative. Im just looking at other brands that i can try. Again i dont mean to offend anyone here but Creative is quite an expensive range, So i have just been looking at alternative ranges.

Im really not sure how im going to get the product over here! :( Thats the only thing holding me back lol

Why not call or email the US distributors and ask about overseas shipping.....??? You can shop online here Log On

Vici Peters may be a great Nail Tech - what does she know about manufacturing nail products?

i'm not sure what she knows about the manufacturing process, but the point is she doesnt need to know as she is not making it herself, merely specifying the required properties of the product to those with the knowledge to create a product to meet with her requirements.

all i was saying is that she is very experienced and would know what properties a good acrylic product would need. also that with a good reputation that she has built up over the years it would seem unlikely that she would risk it by putting her name to a poor quality product.

i agree that the issue of a local distributor would be a problem .

i'm not sure what she knows about the manufacturing process, but the point is she doesnt need to know as she is not making it herself, merely specifying the required properties of the product to those with the knowledge to create a product to meet with her requirements.

all i was saying is that she is very experienced and would know what properties a good acrylic product would need. also that with a good reputation that she has built up over the years it would seem unlikely that she would risk it by putting her name to a poor quality product.

I totally agree with the above comment, my sentiments exactly. Anyway, can't judge any product until you try it personally. Price alone is never a good comparison factor. And every brand needs to start somewhere, right :) Only difference between the good and lousy brands are - the good ones make it, the lousy ones don't in the long run!

Can we have a link for the video`s so we can all have a nosy please :hug:

Vici Peters may be a great Nail Tech - what does she know about manufacturing nail products?[/QUOT

Nope, I wholeheartedly agree.. but then why buy something just because of its brand name?

Do you honestly believe Vicki Peters was in the lab creating her own special mix of Monomer?

I would love to be told otherwise... I really would.

At the end of the day, UK Nail Techs are better off using UK nail products for reasons I mentioned in another post.

Who knows, Vicki Peters may be absolutely amazing, however, I think it is very tacky that she would use her own name on the brand... and give mugs the impression that just because they buy her product, they can produce nails like she can.

I, for one (me alone, my OWN opinion) don't believe that Vicki Peters is all of a sudden going to be the next big thing... Rio springs to mind though and QVC. :green:

Latest posts

Back