Victoria Beckham's Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen

Reaction score
Has any one seen Victoria Beckham's nails on the front of the July issue of Marie Claire?

Both fingers and toes are painted in a beautiful, dark, dark, glossy varnish!

Despite all her bad press at the moment, she looks stunning and the nail colour really helps bring the look together.

I think this is one image that can really help promote the nail industry.

Top marks for Victoria and her nail technician!!!

What do others think?

Regards,

Karen

Karen said:
Has any one seen Victoria Beckham's nails on the front of the July issue of Marie Claire?

Both fingers and toes are painted in a beautiful, dark, dark, glossy varnish!

Despite all her bad press at the moment, she looks stunning and the nail colour really helps bring the look together.

I think this is one image that can really help promote the nail industry.

Top marks for Victoria and her nail technician!!!

What do others think?

Regards,

Hiya,
I think Marian did her nails........she told me to look out for Victoria in a mag and i'm sure she said Marie Claire..............well done Marian......they are fab
Amanda

Hi Amanda
You're right I did do them for Marie Claire. They didn't put my credit in though!!!! (Thanks Marie Claire!) I think this was because I was called in last minute (I was on another shoot for Vogue and got a call to see if I could rush off to the VB one).

Quite an experience with all the body guards and paparazzi! It was also in the middle of all the 'scandal' so her attitude was interesting!

I must admit to playing around a bit! There were loads of paparazzi clamouring outside and Victoria had left her sunglasses on a table while she had gone to another room in the building to shoot. The hairdresser's assistant backcombed my hair to stop it being a shape, I put the glasses on and he held up a glitzy top to hide my face. We moved the venetian blinds around a bit in front of the paparazzi to attract their attention!

So...if you ever see a pic of VB behind venetian blinds you'll know who it really is!!!

The photographer shoots a lot of celebs (mostly in US) but asked me to another shoot with him with Keira Knightly. Nice. I had already met her on a Vogue shoot and advertising for Asprey. Lovely girl.

Which other celebs nails have you done marian? Always like to hear these stories :)

Hi Tracey
Loads (fortunately for me!). A lot with Kylie (e.g. her album covers, video, and some mags like the ID cover story), Martine, Holly V, Kate Winslett, Nigella L, all the big models (including Naomi!), Heather Mills MacCartney (and him). Too many to remember really. I'm not being flippant about it but I've been doing this for a long time now and genuinly forget from one week to the next (advancing age!)

Am with Kate Moss on Tues for Vogue plus have been invited to the Glamour 'Women of the Year' do next week. Keep an eye on the news and papers! Was booked to do several of the winners for their mag pic but was too busy. Managed to get Marco (Benito) to go to one for me though (Denise Van Outen). Think he enjoyed it!!!!
Marian
x

I've gone a very bright shade of green sitting here reading all that :lol: I'm definately much more than envious!

Lucky you.

Excellent marian :) what a great portfolio u must have!

Ooooh, I agree ... what a portfolio!.
Think I'd be too star struck.
I'm seeing Marco tomorrow ...Ill be digging for goss. ;)

Thanks.
Have a look at a part of my portfolio if you are interested: www.streeterslondon.com then London, then Nail Technician.

KellyC. I replied to you but your mail box is full!!

Marian

Ooo, Marian! Just been to streeterslondon.com and your work is stunning!

I recognise so many of those images from the magazines.

I think of them all I really like the classic red fingers and toes - very chic!

You must have a bucket load of imagination to create some of the other nails. Love the flourescent Dior nails too!

Thank you for sharing the website address with us. I'll be a frequent visitor from now on.

Regards,

Karen

Hi Glo
You keep that Marco on his toes and ask him some really difficult questions!!
He was supposed to be doing a big show with me this week at Earls Court and he's going away! never mind, he's helping me at another at the end of the month so keep an eye on the newspapers.
Marian

I am very interested Marian but can't access the site :(

TracyUK said:
I am very interested Marian but can't access the site :(

Neither can I........ :cry:

Managed to see the site on different pc...might be a case u have an older operating system jackie...lovely work marian :) i think the dior one is my fave too

Wow!! I recognised so much of your work Marian!!! I'm so envious! :lol:

If ever you have room in your toolbox... I'm only small... please take me with you to meet some of these lovely celebrities?!! ;)

mum said:
Thanks.
Have a look at a part of my portfolio if you are interested: www.streeterslondon.com then London, then Nail Technician.

KellyC. I replied to you but your mail box is full!!

Marian

Hi Marian

Can you tell me what colour nail polish (if you can remember) you used for VB on the Marie Claire front cover?

Thanks
Emma

marco's loss is my gain!
i've been penciled in for the job at earls court!
can't wait to work with marian, val garland - make-up & sam mc night - hair
it will b a pleasure
liza xx

Hi Emma
I think it was a Bourjois colour, something like Plum Chic!!?? The important thing with this type of colour is the high gloss (that's my opinion anyway). To keep it this shiney a top coat needs to be reapplied every other day (not on a shoot though! A few hours will do!!)

Liza
I'm glad you're looking forward to the show. Wait till you see who the models are!!!!! There's a party after too. Sam is not doing hair, it's Eugene Soulieman. Nick Knight is taking pics of the models backstage and there will also be a live backstage webcast (www.showstudio.com). Will be plenty on the news and in the papers too.

See you there
Marian

WOW!!
it gets better & better!
the mix up about sam Mc knight was mrs geek telling me that nick knight was doing the hair, & i said "don't u mean sam?"!
looking forward 2 seeing every one again.
it was a pleasure to work with val & eugiene when i did a photo shoot for vogue.
eugiene is a friend of a hairdressing friend of mine.
c u thursday
liza xx

liza smith said:
WOW!!
it gets better & better!
the mix up about sam Mc knight was mrs geek telling me that nick knight was doing the hair, & i said "don't u mean sam?"!
looking forward 2 seeing every one again.
it was a pleasure to work with val & eugiene when i did a photo shoot for vogue.
eugiene is a friend of a hairdressing friend of mine.
c u thursday
liza xx
Hiya Liza,
I'm coming down too and I can't wait..........will be nice to meet you all and see you again Marian, Had a nightmare trying to find a hotel, I may be on a park bench for two nights:lol: !!!!!!!!
C u thursday:biggrin:
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back