Vietnamese Nail Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender-blue

Reaction score
I have just had a phone call off a relative of mine, asking for my advice on her nails.
As you all prob know I don't do nails, so feel I am unable to help.
So I thought yu geeks may be able to help me to advise her.

Yesterday, she went into her local vietnamese salon for a pedicure. Her appointment was for 9.30 a.m. She arrived at 9.35 5 mins late.
The chinese woman shouted at her, and said 'You are late' Blah blah blah, she intimidated her and the client apologised and said okay its fine' I will leave the pedicure', and turned to leave the salon. The chinese woman yelled 'NO sit down'.
She booked for a pedicure and leg massage.
She took her into the kitchen to do them. The massage was virtually non-existent, and she said the tech was on the telephone talking in chinese all the time she was in there(25 mins). She had the phone wedged between her shoulder and ear. She said she was in a foul mood and was extremely rough with her.
She said there were last nights dinner plates all still piled up with old food still on the plates, and old food on the surfaces. Also she said the bin was so overflowed the contents were on the floor. It was filthy dirty.
They used a scalpel she said to cut the hard skin off her heels , and CUT her heels really bad, so bad she can hardly put her feet to the floor this morning.
She said her heels were bleeding, and the end the tech bunched all the tools up in her hand, dipped them into the water which her feet had been soaking in and put them back onto the table ready for the next customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
The chinese woman told her she was going to do white tips on toes. which was fine cos thats what she wanted, and then she said I will do black design on big toe. Client said: I dont want black. I want a pink design.
The chinese woman replied with a huff ' I will do black and pink then'!!! So she did.
She said at the end the tech grabbed clients handbag and threw it across the room to where there was a chair and said 'SIT'. She had to wait for them to dry. Then another client jumped in the pedicure seat!!:eek:
Meanwhile a massive argument broke out with two other techs (a chinese man and a chinese woman), she said they were screaming at each other, and halfway through the argument the woman stopped and said to the clients ' sorry ladies', then proceeded to continue with the argument all in chinese dialogue of course.
How bad is this??? I know it sounds extreme but its true.
All this for £25 .00 . 25 mins of hell.
Anyway today they are furious, and have asked me who they should report them to???????????????????

I said I think Health and Safety at the environmental Health - is that correct??

Sorry this is a very long read.

ANYWAY ON A POSITIVE NOTE I AM SO GLAD I AM BOOKED IN WITH LADYBGEMINI ON TUESDAY TO GET MY NAILS DONE! Cant wait.

xx

As soon as she saw those dinner plates she should of run out the shop and reported this place anyway!!

I feel really sorry for your friend, this is an awful experience for anyone to go through. I do feel that although intimidating she should have said something at the time, she has paid these people for their "services", which may look like she was happy with it as she didn't complain at the time. Sorry!!

She should still make the right authorities aware though, get her to ring the local council and they will put in touch with the right people.

HTH Teri x:hug:

It is odd how we British put up with these standards and moan after the event ... I'm just as bad! You are right though, she needs to report it to Environmental Health and also trading Standards. I doubt if either will be open til Tuesday now so get her to take photographic evidence of the state of her feet. It's truly shocking what some places get away with, but people need to complain to the right people or nothing wil ever change.

(BTW on a technical note, Chinese and Vietnamese aren't the same, they're from different countries ... I know some of our Chinese geeks get upset when people associate the Vietnamese with them so thought I'd just bung in a little note, but I know you meant nothing by it :hug: )

OMG is all I can say. Along with can't wait to meet you on Tuesday and I promise I wont yell at you, yab on the phone for 2 hours and then tell you you cant have what you want on your nails lol.

All jokin aside, I had a client last year who worked for the council who went to a NSS place near here, they actually filed through her nail plate into her nail bed with the e-file, there was bloody and pain involved, what did they do, they slapped the L&P over the top of it. She had had them done for a special event (50th birthday cruise for her hubby) and ended up having them taken off before she went. She reported this to the local council but they said there was nothing they could do.

I suggest photo's of the feet whilst they are still in bad condition to back up what she is saying happened and deffinately report it to Health and Safety.

On another note, I had a client yesterday that works with Insurance, of the public liability variety, she was very interested in these places as she had been to one about 6 months ago and had no idea that some of them dont have insurance.

Hope she gets somewhere, it's about time someone did something about these places.

rachel xxxxx

The client in question is actually my niece. She is very upset this morning, and I will be passing Rachels contact number to them . (with Rachels permission of course).
She has a 12 week old baby, and just wanted a leg massage and a pedicure, so she could wear her new pink sandles with pride! She wanted a pink design on her big toe that's all. She 's not fussy at all.
Its times like this when I wish that I did nails. I am qualified vtct but havent done any for yonks. However I am intending to invest in some decent training soon, as I am intrigued by all the beautiful designs and techniques. AND I WANNA HAVE A GO!!

Rachel - This salon is in the next town to where you live. ! Its probably the same place as where your friend went to.

Thanks for the replies. I will pass the info onto her.

xx:hug:

It is odd how we British put up with these standards and moan after the event ... I'm just as bad! You are right though, she needs to report it to Environmental Health and also trading Standards. I doubt if either will be open til Tuesday now so get her to take photographic evidence of the state of her feet. It's truly shocking what some places get away with, but people need to complain to the right people or nothing wil ever change.

(BTW on a technical note, Chinese and Vietnamese aren't the same, they're from different countries ... I know some of our Chinese geeks get upset when people associate the Vietnamese with them so thought I'd just bung in a little note, but I know you meant nothing by it :hug: )

I totally agree Sass. I know there is a difference, and thts ignorance on my behalf, so sorry for that peeps.
I also am aware that not all vietnamese salons are nss , so we cant tar them all with the same brush.

:hug: :hug: xx

It still amazes me how local councils will not do much about these places. My local NSS is now offering 'tanning' - which consists of a sunbed (looks like one you can buy from argos) stuck in a back 'stock room'.

They also offer eyebrow waxing, which consists of a wax pot, on a nail desk, with a USED LOLLY stick plonked on top, covered in old sticky wax waiting for the next client.

I hope your relative has some sort of good outcome from this, urge her to not 'just let it go' like so many of us seem to do these days! :irked:

Narks me right off that these places are even open, let alone that they have custom too! xx

I think she must reiterate to the environmental health that this place is cutting skin with scalpels.I would be very worried about this specially if they have made her bleed.

that sounds pretty scary, i have a regular facials client who wanted to have a pedicure but said, you won't make me bleed will you, i said of course not then she told me the salon she used to go to didn't just remove excess or overgrown cuticles but cut the whole cuticle off to get a 'clean nail' leaving her bleeding every time! there are still salons getting away with this sort of thing and lots of people thinking its the norm. I'd definately report them. x

It is when you hear this sort of thing it does make you realise how desperately this industry needs to be regulated and the bar raised.
Trouble is nothing will happen until someone can prove they aquired hepatitis or even HIV from one of these places.Its one thing that the quality of the work is not that good but when they are cutting skin,making people bleed and risking their health thats another.

Latest posts

Back