Vinylux dull?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depths

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with vinylux being quite dull even with a top coat applied? It just doesn't seem to have the shine a nail polish top coat normally would... would it work to get use two layers of top coat (I know this isn't how its meant to be applied but can't think of any way to make it shinier)...
Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have just brought 13 vinylux colours, and haveto say that none of them looked dull at all. Even with only the one coat of topcoat they all have a fab shine. is it just a particular colour that you are finding looks dull?

I only have one color at the moment as I wanted to see what it was like (Grape Gum) so maybe its the color thats the issue...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't say I've had that problem with Vinylux either.

You only have one colour, so it's difficult to establish whether you would have the same problem with other colours.

It may be a very obvious question, but are you shaking the bottle enough before application?

Also, although I'm sure you are already aware, no base coat is to be applied beforehand, but Vinylux Top Coat is.

Last edited:
Yes am shaking, and nope no base coat. I might go down to the supply store and get another color and see how it is

I find that the colours when applied can look dull when they're drying a bit. But when you then put the top coat over that gives them the shine. It's really strange you don't find it shiny. It could be a problem with your top coat in that case?

I have not ordered in Grape Gum yet, so maybe is could just be that colour?

I found this when I tried it. But I'd only ordered french. I tried it on myself and various people. I even let my friend try applying it in case it was my application, but it still never gave that shine that I was used to from my normal polish.

But that was only the french so I didn't really give it a fair trial. I will do at some point. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The top coat needs to be applied thickly. Then they shine wonderfully. Am wearing 3 week old vinylux and hardly a chip. Amazing

yes i agree that when doing the top coat, you must have your brush well loaded. It dries really quickly, but as long as you have enough on the brush to do the whole nail in one, it does give a beautiful shine.

Ok, will try with a thicker top coat

Latest posts

Back