Vinylux making nails peel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitzybiz

Reaction score
So I have a few clients who suffer with this problem mainly my older clients who have dryer nails and do less house work etc therefore keep their polish on a long time (2-3 weeks) the pic attached is a lady who’s polish stays on for 2-3 weeks and is left with pull marks peel marks am I able to apply a product before hand to stop this?
8316428db5f7916aefdf3d3932fb5ca3.jpg
8aaaf5163692e92e635fdc0fe63e3597.jpg
marks on her nails I’m presuming this is caused by product been on for too long am I right? Is there anything I can apply beforevinylux to stop this as shame to have to say to lady remove the polish sooner??

I think vynlux is extremely drying I have quit using it.

Sadly I am of that 'certain age' and this is a common problem with my own nails. Particularly with acrylics. I find IBX treatments make a big difference.

Yes I thought about trying the IBX before hand , so this won’t effect the lasting power? As I know vinylux you don’t need a base coat do you?

Unfortunately, this is a common problem with hybrid polishes. I used to work with this brand in a spa and it was really hard to work with and destroyed clients nails unless they used nail oil religiously. This is why I use Dazzle Dry for my clients. This product does not cause this issue. Nitrocellulose is in many polishes and is the culprit for drying and yellowing nails. How do I know? Vivian Valenty, a genius chemist who created the first uv top coat Pro Finish and Dazzle Dry told me.

IBX shouldn’t make a difference, you remove any surface excess before curing and you can give the nails a wipe over with a cleanser afterwards if you are worried about any residue remaining. I haven’t noticed it make a difference on myself although I do appreciate that we’re all different.
I kind of agree with Melissa82 too. Nail polishes and hybrid gels are more likely to have ingredients that will dry out the natural nail... not necessarily an issue unless the nails are halfway desiccated already! [emoji1]

I would search out nail products that are nurturing, quick and easy to soak off, described as 5 or 7 free and preferably hypoallergenic which also have good adhesion (3 weeks plus). These are the list of requirements I have for my own dried out nails after I’ve finished giving them a hard time with acrylics.[emoji57]

Am using shellac but vinylux for my normal polish range but not liking the drying effects

CND improved the formula of Vinylux last year. The polishes now have more conditioning ingredients in them. Their website would have the full details.
From using the new ones myself, I would say that they apply better and the new top coat certainly comes off quicker

Those marks seems to be from when the client hits something and the nail bends.

The bending of the nail causes cracks.

It could be the product, but im 80% sure its from bending the nails.

Ah yes I have the new top coat but haven’t used new topcoat on this lady yet! And have a few vinylux in the new colours also hopefully will see an improvement next few appointments

Hey as vinylux states there is no need for base coat at it is already in the polish. Like you said older clients often have more brittle nails and are prone to having already peeling nails. In my opinion I think the peeling has worsened maybe because of the buffing that is required before application obviously this is thinning to the nail plate to an extent and the fact of having any sort of paint on the nails doesn’t allow the nails to ‘breathe’ as such so again this doesn’t help. I am very passionate about the vinylux and from experience know that this is unlikely of a client at a younger age. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back