Vinylux peeled off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashadilly

Reaction score
I have just had a lady on the phone saying that her vinylux has come off her thumbs all in one sheet. I've noticed that on my own nails it doesn't last even a day on me I don't know what is wrong...

At first I thought it was just my nails but now I'm worried because I don't want anyone else to have the same happen.

I perform a manicure before application, wipe the nails with nail wipe and then apply Vinylux colour and top coat. I do buff the nails as part of the manicure to add shine but this is part of the manicure process

Help please! I've just ordered another lot of vinylux and I'm scared now!

Try not buffing the nail, and before application use CND scrub fresh to clean and temporally dehydrate the nail, to proper prepare the nail for Vinylux. I have been doing this, and not one of my clents have had any problems hth's

Do you soak the nails prior to applying Vinylux and if so for how long?

You say you are wiping the nail, what are you wiping it with? If it's anything but scrub fresh this could be your problem.

It is very possible that your manicure products contain oil which are on the surface of that nails when you are applying your vinylux. The oil is creating a barrier that will stop the polish correctly adhering to the nail and thus its peeling on you.

I soak for not even 2 mins just to soften cuticles at I don't have cuticle away.

I havent used scrub fresh but bellissima nail wipe, i did order scrub fresh last night though so its due to arrive on thursday buuut i have an appt tomorrow im scared now that this application will lift too

You don't need to buff the nails to shine, your application for Vinylux is:

File/Shape Nails
Cuticle Work
Scrubfresh and onto your application.

What is the nail wipe?

Vinylux is doing extremely well and it's on my toes for the past three weeks and still perfect (and that was 11.30pm at night application with no cuticle work and very much rushed application!)

As mentioned are you soaking the nails in water as part of manicure?

Products don't self peel off fingers...there's always a bit of help given!

I know from what everyone on here has said that its a fan polish and lasts for ever which is why I was so shocked I just had no idea what to say on the phone. She said she was out in the garden for a while with her gloves on and her hands were quite sweaty but when she took her gloves off the polish was pretty much hanging off in a shiny layer.

I only soak to soften cuticles but its literally a quick dip because I known its quite old fashioned and can hinder application if soaked too long.

As I mentioned I've used bellissima nail wipe but I've just ordered scrub fresh last night which arrives on Thursday but I have a client tomorrow!

So what classes as a manicure if you are doing Vinylux?

File & shape
Exfoliating Scrub, Rinse off
Cuticle's removed
Arm & hand massage
Wipe with Scrub Fresh or Acetone
Colour
Topcoat
oil cuticles

Am I right?

I am sure bellissima nail wipe is used to wipe the sticky layer off the gel :-( I don't think it is used to dehydrate the nail plate 😳

Last edited:
I am sure bell isms nail wipe is used to wipe the sticky layer off the gel :-( I don't think it is used to dehydrate the nail plate 😳

I've been taught to use it to cleanse the nail plate before gel application so I thought it would dehydrate but tbh im now thinking that this is the issue!

Im quite glad that this lady is not angry but instead laughed! So embarrassed and feel so unproffessional

I would suggest getting some cuticle away. Lasts ages and is brilliant - I'm amazed at how much gunk comes off the nail plate. Really helps with enhancements, gel polish and manicure. A worthwhile investment.

What do you guys think I should use for tomorrows appt? Acetone?

Look at it this way, Vinylux can be retailed to clients...not all clients have
Scrubfresh and even I am wearing it perfectly well 3 weeks on and a very quick job I did!!

When you are using Scrubfresh it is to sanitise and cleanse the nail plate of oil and contaminants and to basically give you a nice clean surface.

I would do your cuticle work, nail shape and just ensure nails are clean and dry.

It possibly was the gardening and digging round even with gloves on could impact wear. Couple this with soaking, buffing and using a product that may be leaving behind residue....

As mentioned, cuticle away is your best friend for cuticle work, saves so much time and effort and has amazing results.
Scrubfresh is also a fab product that you will love, does a great job.

Don't stress about tomorrow's manicure, be confident and know that is a fabulous product, make those few adjustments and you will be fine.

I have just done my own using the acetone. Fingers crossed!

Just checked my nails and there is a chip already on one of them. Used acetone this time and followed Gigi's instructions for application. Hmm!

I soak for not even 2 mins just to soften cuticles at I don't have cuticle away.

I havent used scrub fresh but bellissima nail wipe, i did order scrub fresh last night though so its due to arrive on thursday buuut i have an appt tomorrow im scared now that this application will lift too

Bellissima nail wipe is incredibly oily. I was given some on Monday so have used it. I would not recommend using that before polish application. When your scrub fresh arrives I'm sure all will be well. HTH x

Sorry to hear you have a chip already. I have used Vinylux quite a few times so far and have seen outstanding wear - far better than I hoped for. Are you applying enough top coat? And also are you making sure the top coat does not go on the surrounding skin? I know this is basic but the consistancy of the top coat is different from the colours and I know I found initially I was not putting enough on and then after that too much and getting it on the skin. Now Im pretty much getting the right amount on and all is good!

Hey everyone, just thought i'd do a wee update.

I recieved my order with scrub fresh and so far it seems to make a difference to my nails i did my own last night and they do have a couple of small chips on them but im fairness, i do work in a bank so coins etc are quite harsh on nails anyway.

I had a client last night and also tomorrow so will see how they get on.

What do you revommend for a manicure? Is it ok for me to still do as i have but just dehydrate with scrubfresh?

Thanks so much for all the help!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back