Vinylux top coat getting thick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I have gone through several bottles of vinylux top coat, never reaching more than half way through before it becomes very very thick and stringy. Any suggestions?!

I have the same problem and would also like to know this:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I found giving mine a really good shake helped, worth a shot maybe? Makesure the top is always tight too when your done using it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have gone through several bottles of vinylux top coat, never reaching more than half way through before it becomes very very thick and stringy. Any suggestions?!

Used to happen to me all the time. Tried shaking etc and it didn't work. I got fed up of wasting money in the end. I still have my vinylux colours but don't use them anymore because of this issue x

Hi, I was taught not to shake as can cause bubbles but to rub back and forth in hands to mix all the product together properly before using. I do think cnd top cost seems thicker than other top coats but never had any trouble with it getting thicker than was to start with.

I find the vinylux top coat quite thick when the temp is lower, so I just put it under my leg to warm it up at the beginning of the treatment and it is easier and more fluid to work with xxx

I find the vinylux top coat quite thick when the temp is lower, so I just put it under my leg to warm it up at the beginning of the treatment and it is easier and more fluid to work with xxx

Yeah. I sit on mine and it usually creates a laugh from my client.

I've also just recently bought the ProShaker polish shaker and it is great for keeping the Vinylux colours smooth and I can now use them up to the last drop. ( before, the last quarter of the bottle got a bit gloppy 😁)
Hth

I didn't think you were meant to shake it, maybe that's why it's becoming thick, mine doesn't get thick until I'm almost finished with it.

Try paint as quick as you can so the bottle isn't open for too long, clean the neck of the bottle (if there is product around the hole it won't screw on tight enough. Also I sit on it to warm it up before I use it. Hope this helps x

Felicity xx

I was told no need to shake the top coat, you shake the colour coats to mix the colour..top coat has no colour so no shake xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I was told no need to shake the top coat, you shake the colour coats to mix the colour..top coat has no colour so no shake xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

It's not just the colour you need to mix, it's the solvents etc in the bottle which keep the polish thin....if it's not mixed you are applying the solvent rich part of the bottle and being left with the thicker stuff....Shake x

I had this too when Vinylux first launched. Ive not done nails for a while, apart from my own, due to Being unwell, so am only about halfway through next bottle. It's not gone gloopy so far. I don't believe there is a need to shake/roll the top coat, as only the colours have the little silver balls in to aid mixing up the contents of the bottle. Surely if it needed it, CND would put the balls in the top coat bottle too?

It's hard to keep the top coat from going thick. I keep mine in a cool dark drawer with my shellac base and top- far away from heat and sunlight. Paint quickly so it's not open for longer than it needs to be. But I do use it often as 50% of my clientele are polish ones. It's still pretty gloppy halfway through.

Yes, I'm sure too that the top coat doesn't need rolling/shaking

Yes, I'm sure too that the top coat doesn't need rolling/shaking

Yep just the colours that need a good shake, not the topcoat :) made this mistake with my first one.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back