Vinylux topcoat empty!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini4mum

Reaction score
Just a quickie, please check all your topcoats as my client purchased a V set and has returned the topcoat today as its empty!! So to stop 'You' being embarrassed, as I was lol, double check all your topcoats! :o

Absolutely bizzare!! There was nothing in it!! Smelt of varnish but brush wasn't as splade as the others that are filled were! It would happen to me!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368303842.998609.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368303842.998609.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 473
Absolutely bizzare!! There was nothing in it!! Smelt of varnish but brush wasn't as splade as the others that are filled were! It would happen to me!!

That's awful! You don't think she could have emptied it into another bottle??? xx

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully it's only a glitch.

Funnily though I was thinking last night I wish the bottle were clear so you can see how much top coat is left (I swear I've used a lot already! :o )

Lissy00 no, she's a regular, & looking at the brush it doesn't look like the others either. :(

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully it's only a glitch.

Funnily though I was thinking last night I wish the bottle were clear so you can see how much top coat is left (I swear I've used a lot already! :o )

Why do you think that is?

Well Geeg let me take a guess......could it be because of the Prolight technology?
If the topcoat cures in the UV light that surrounds us, then if the glass was clear...it would cure in the bottle!

Do I get a prize :)

it's dried by natural light, so the black bottles are to prevent it from drying in the bottle?

Well Geeg let me take a guess......could it be because of the Prolight technology?
If the topcoat cures in the UV light that surrounds us, then if the glass was clear...it would cure in the bottle!

Do I get a prize :)

almost!

@xxx almost.

It is not light from the UV spectrum but natural light that affects the pro light technology.

And it is not natural light that dries the VINYLUX but it is the natural light that makes the top coat become tougher over the week of wear which is why it wears so well.

So because of those things, the bottle must, naturally, be opaque.

@ the OP. ... The bottle being empty? With no sign of leakage? That sounds a bit suspect to me.

Oh well, that will teach me to come on here too early on a Sunday morning lol....my brain doesn't switch on until after breakfast :wink2:

Meanwhile back at the mysterious empty bottle.............

Just a quickie, please check all your topcoats as my client purchased a V set and has returned the topcoat today as its empty!! So to stop 'You' being embarrassed, as I was lol, double check all your topcoats! :o

How interesting... And odd to say the least! I will be checking all of mine but I gotta say... very suspicious indeed! I suppose the only way to tell if your client is telling the truth is to check before selling! Did you notice a difference in weight when you were selling to your client? I think you probably would have noticed it was a bit lighter particularly if you were selling a colour along with it (which presumably you were!) So... Porkies on your clients part possibly? :)

Did you check the brush or swipe the inside of the bottle ?
If there had been product it there that was ''poured'' out then there should be traces left , if everything is bone dry it is possible that you were unfortunate enough to receive dud.
If the client did try and pull a fast one she's in for a shock when she tries to use it though as I doubt if she would know the reason for the opaque bottles.

i ordered a bottle of shellac and it arrived empty.

tis just one of those things im afraid

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

She is a trusted long term client. I think there like Tjo says, it's just one of those things! But will be sending back to S2 tomorrow.

Last edited:
With mass production there's bound to be glitches. My vinylux tropixs had to brush. Thankfully s2 have a great customer service and replaced it immediately. Something to consider though, asking clients to check purchases before leaving.

almost!

@xxx almost.

It is not light from the UV spectrum but natural light that affects the pro light technology.

And it is not natural light that dries the VINYLUX but it is the natural light that makes the top coat become tougher over the week of wear which is why it wears so well.

So because of those things, the bottle must, naturally, be opaque.

Oh yeh.....:o Doh! :D:D:D

Thanks for the heads up. I hope your client was not too miffed about it. :)

Latest posts

Back