Vinylux vs your previous nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm still contemplating buying the Vinylux range due to mixed reviews I've read online.

I use CND Shellac however I do a lot of natural nail manicures and nail art and for this I used OPI or Nubar...I generally use OPI because clients know it and always use Seche Vite top coat.

I've never had an issue with either products, they apply well and look fantastic and with proper application (PEP and sealed edges) and client maintenance some are able to get a weeks wear on finger nails (if not more and a VERY long time on toes).

So the only reasons I would swap over to Vinylux is due to quick drying, week wear (?), I love the colours and the fact that they match the CND Shellac colours.

So for those of you that are using Vinylux how does it compare to your previous nail polish brand (application longevity?)Do your clients like it? Do they get a bit baffled that you're not applying a base coat? Is it just another nail polish?

Thanks

Loving vinylux and worth the investment u won't regret it

I can honestly say I am impressed with the vinylux. For the first time ever I have got gaps from the growth with nail polish, I have had my polish on for 13 days now and it is still going strong. Other than signs of wear on the tips it is perfect, I have even been doing loads of nails (I do use the plastic backed wipes where possible).

Before I start retailing the product I wanted to put it to the test so I have had a friend in today and got her to apply vinylux to one of her hands (with no prep) and I prepped and applied it to the other hand so I will be interested with the results and will let you know.

HTH
:D

I am a massive fan of vinylux. I've had no problems with it at all and it's retailing itself! For my business it's been fantastic.

I gave a bottle of Vinylux Beau/Top Coat to one of my polish wearing friends. She usually can get about 24 hours with regular polish before chipping.

She reported to me that she is on day FOUR and no chips! :D

I am finding it to be excellent. I was using OPI and it lasts way longer. I am astounded by how good it is. The only issue is that it does not cover ridges very well - but this can be overcome by using a darker colour and applying it a little thicker with perhaps 3 coats. My OPI has all been put away now....

x

Can anyone else compare Vinylux to their previous polish?

Can anyone else compare Vinylux to their previous polish?

I have previously used OPI or china glaze on myself with either Seche or Lumos top coat and got 4 days out of it - max. I've used Vinylux and applied it in a rush the first time and was convinced it would chip! Just removed it today for my other work. Today was Day 8 and it was still going strong . Chip free.

My feedback has been so mixed, all on natural nails - I used Fedora and had 4 days easily, no problem. I never paint my nails any more, only Shellac them for hols etc as I can't keep varnish on, so I was well impressed.

Did a client with very long nails, and she thought it didn't last nearly as long as her regular OPI with base, colour and top coat.

Had client come in today saying she couldn't believe it - she usually gets 4 days tops from opi but took Vinylux off after 6 days as she was bored.

So what's the verdict. Take your pick - I have bought a lot of Vinylux because it dries in half the time, and generally seems to last well! Hope that helps!

My feedback has been so mixed, all on natural nails - I used Fedora and had 4 days easily, no problem. I never paint my nails any more, only Shellac them for hols etc as I can't keep varnish on, so I was well impressed.

Did a client with very long nails, and she thought it didn't last nearly as long as her regular OPI with base, colour and top coat.

Had client come in today saying she couldn't believe it - she usually gets 4 days tops from opi but took Vinylux off after 6 days as she was bored.

So what's the verdict. Take your pick - I have bought a lot of Vinylux because it dries in half the time, and generally seems to last well! Hope that helps!

Oh gosh...I'm still so indecisive.

Ideally what I would like to do is replace my OPI with Vinylux when they start to run out.

I find that most of my clients are OPI snobs...they know OPI because its retailed in Selfridges etc and they so they think its the most high end nail polish...I shall have to educate them...

I will replace my current varnishes with Vinylux as they run out. I only have natural nail clients and find it lasts longer and also the saving on the cost of base coat.

Oh gosh...I'm still so indecisive.

Ideally what I would like to do is replace my OPI with Vinylux when they start to run out.

I find that most of my clients are OPI snobs...they know OPI because its retailed in Selfridges etc and they so they think its the most high end nail polish...I shall have to educate them...

You have to believe in the product yourself before you can really "sell" it. Why not buy a couple of bottles (they are so well priced you'd be crazy not to) and trial it on yourself? It's hard to make a decision based on others experiences because you yourself have to love it to be able to rave about it. Also get your clients excited about it, let them know that CND are always one step ahead with new innovations, that nail polish formulation hasn't been changed since the first polish came out by Revlon 80 years ago.....until now!

I love it, as do many others. It will take time for the name to really get out there and impact, I still have clients coming to me now who have never had shellac before and only just heard of it despite it just having it's 3rd birthday. But word of mouth will spread fast with this I think as there are still many die hard polish fans out there. Get some and give it a whirl. I think you'll love it :wink2:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I was speaking to the guy who bought 6 bottles.

I asked him how his girlfriend was enjoying them.

He said she was loving them and they were lasting 5 days without showing signs of wear, which she was delighted with. Normal polish didn't last 24 hours on her! That's without any professional prep.

He said he at first wasn't sure if it was expensive until he realised that it was lasting so well and it just felt nice knowing that he'd bought her something so nice and luxurious... yet still affordable.

He said he'd definitely be buying more :)

i'm loving the vinylux and will definately be buying the wall rack set as soon as it comes back into stock.......whenever that will be....keep checking....i've always loved opi but now vinylux has changed all that......and the colours match the shellac so i am a very happy customer...xxx fantastic product and does exactly as it says on the box :D

Eeeeeeeekkkkk...I've just taken the plunge.

I saw this offer and thought it was perfect for me!!!!

I shall let you know what I think next week when it arrives!!!

Super duper excited! :Love::biggrin:

Eeeeeeeekkkkk...I've just taken the plunge.

I saw this offer and thought it was perfect for me!!!!

I shall let you know what I think next week when it arrives!!!

Super duper excited! :Love::biggrin:

Did you order Grapefruit sparkle?, you must get that it's sooo lovely :Love:

My 10 year old daughter has been wearing that for almost two weeks!!

Oh nooooo...I didn't.

I have the Shellac version, and I don't think I've ever used it.

Which colour would you suggest layering it with?

My 10 year old daughter has been wearing that for almost two weeks!!

Hey D,

I hope you're well?

I'm sure my lil one might like it too! Pretty in pink and sparkles! x

Hey D,

I hope you're well?

I'm sure my lil one might like it too! Pretty in pink and sparkles! x

Hey hon, I'm good - got this bloody half term cold - pah!

The Vinylux version of grapefruit sparkle doesn't look the same to me as shellac. V one seems more peachie. It's coming off tomorrow and brisa lite is going on. Did my son's today to try to get him to stop biting them. Sorry, I digress ;)

Your lil lady will love it - it's pampering!

Xx

Latest posts

Back