Vinylux vs your previous nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've purchased the intro kit but haven't trailed it yet, but my question is, isn't the length of wear based on what the client does and activity levels, I.e. if they clean, do washing up without gloves, don't use solar oil etc, I'd expect them not to get 7 days wear, but if they are using gloves etc then I would expect 7 days wear. Hope that makes sense x

Lady, that's my understanding as well. I had quite an odd client the other day though. A mom and daughter came in for pedicures (first time clients). I have the V brochure out and I'm telling them about it. The mom says she's confused, "I always get two weeks out of normal polish, why is this making such a big deal out of 7 days?" I questioned her to make sure she was talking about regular old nail polish and she said yes, she has used Sally Hansen polish from the drug store for the last ten years and always gets a solid two weeks without chipping. I told her that I have never heard such a thing. When I said that most people get less than a day to 3, maybe 4 if they're lucky, she was shocked. Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I thought this was so odd. Anyway, I'm slowly stocking up on it but I'm really excited because the spa I work at ordered the entire collection...still waiting for it to come in though. No more lugging a 120 bottles of OPI to work every day!!!

I have long natural nails and I'm on day 6 of vinyl lux. Love it. Opi china glaze neither will last more than 2 days before chipping when my nails are long

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369972121.097783.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369972121.097783.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 463
Hey hon, I'm good - got this bloody half term cold - pah!

The Vinylux version of grapefruit sparkle doesn't look the same to me as shellac. V one seems more peachie. It's coming off tomorrow and brisa lite is going on. Did my son's today to try to get him to stop biting them. Sorry, I digress ;)

Your lil lady will love it - it's pampering!

Xx
My lil one is a biter too! Oooh the shame of it! (Such bad advertising for us!) ;) I don't think I'll put Brisa Lite on her quite yet as I'm pretty sure she'll enjoy chewing through it!

Grapefruit sparkle does sound nice. I really wanted the Yellow and Gold colours but they're still sold out :( Xx

I've purchased the intro kit but haven't trailed it yet, but my question is, isn't the length of wear based on what the client does and activity levels, I.e. if they clean, do washing up without gloves, don't use solar oil etc, I'd expect them not to get 7 days wear, but if they are using gloves etc then I would expect 7 days wear. Hope that makes sense x

That's precisely it. My clients that manage to get at least a weeks wear from regular OPI with Seche Vite top coat are the type of Ladies that have very low activity levels...have cleaners etc and are always immaculately groomed...However plenty of my clients have high activity levels...so it'll be interesting to see the difference with the wear of Vinylux

Hi ,
Ive just invested in the new vinylux as it sounded wonderful, quick drying and no chipping! Well im now on day three and have found that it has started chipping on the tips, has anyone else had this problem or is it just me ! i have used the freshscrub as suggested to clean the nails, and always protect my hands when washing up etc. Any suggestions would be great as i have advertised this as a seven day chip free manicure!!

Oh gosh...I'm still so indecisive.

Ideally what I would like to do is replace my OPI with Vinylux when they start to run out.

I find that most of my clients are OPI snobs...they know OPI because its retailed in Selfridges etc and they so they think its the most high end nail polish...I shall have to educate them...

hehe maybe remind them you can also buy OPI in the very high end high street store .....Boots :lol:

I think you will also find the Vinylux will boost your retail sales as its a product you cant buy on the high street its only available to us pros ;)

Hi ,
Ive just invested in the new vinylux as it sounded wonderful, quick drying and no chipping! Well im now on day three and have found that it has started chipping on the tips, has anyone else had this problem or is it just me ! i have used the freshscrub as suggested to clean the nails, and always protect my hands when washing up etc. Any suggestions would be great as i have advertised this as a seven day chip free manicure!!
Hey Jenny , the first time I used it it lasted 2 days. I think it's just learning the flow of it , it's different than regular polish or shellac. I'm on day 6 now if you look back in this thread I posted a picture. I wash dishes , clean bathroom and do hair and nails. Still looks good:)

For me the main selling point isn't the 7 day wear..I don't really mention that !
It is completely dry in 8.5 minutes!!
Woo hoo....pedi clients can put their socks on because it is completely dry!
No more mani clients appearing back after 5 mins as they smudged their nails getting in the car!
Completely dry in 8.5 mins......the 30 minute file and polish just became a lot more popular and lucrative :)

Oh gosh...I'm still so indecisive.

Ideally what I would like to do is replace my OPI with Vinylux when they start to run out.

I find that most of my clients are OPI snobs...they know OPI because its retailed in Selfridges etc and they so they think its the most high end nail polish...I shall have to educate them...

Very easy reply to your clients is that vinylux can't be brought in any store and cnd is a professional system so that must say something.
I loveall the cnd products so do my clients

I painted my nails before bed last night, I like that it dries quickly but it's only 7am and its chipped already, all I have done is washed my hair.

I find shampoo almost eats away at the skin surrounding my nails, so would expect it to want to damage polish too. I'd love to find one that doesn't and have spent a fortune trying!

I have had limited experience with other polishes because of everyone wanting Shellac, but when I did use regular polish, it lasted at least a week and someone informed me it lasted 2 weeks.

But, these polishes never dried like Vinylux does, even when I changed to Lumos and used Solar Speed, it was still a case of being careful. So Vinylux is amazing for this, but I can't see how it can be the only polish line in a salon when some people would have used a ridge filler base coat. Brisa Lite Smoothing gel is perfect for this scenario, but not appropriate for those just wanting and paying strictly for a polish service.

For those who have made this decision, how have you overcome this?

I find shampoo almost eats away at the skin surrounding my nails, so would expect it to want to damage polish too. I'd love to find one that doesn't and have spent a fortune trying!

I have had limited experience with other polishes because of everyone wanting Shellac, but when I did use regular polish, it lasted at least a week and someone informed me it lasted 2 weeks.

But, these polishes never dried like Vinylux does, even when I changed to Lumos and used Solar Speed, it was still a case of being careful. So Vinylux is amazing for this, but I can't see how it can be the only polish line in a salon when some people would have used a ridge filler base coat. Brisa Lite Smoothing gel is perfect for this scenario, but not appropriate for those just wanting and paying strictly for a polish service.

For those who have made this decision, how have you overcome this?

Yes the last bit of your posting is a thought that I have been having, I think I'm just going to keep both. X

I have my opi with its fillers etc and have vinylux, when clients ask about vinylux I am promoting as a very quick drying, good lasting polish, I was originally thinking I could dump the opi (not literally) but then saw its not so great on ridged nails due to them showing, so now I'm keeping opi, so have a full range.

I do love!!!! Vinylux for its quick drying and its fab over beautiful nails and enhancements.

My lil one is a biter too! Oooh the shame of it! (Such bad advertising for us!) ;) I don't think I'll put Brisa Lite on her quite yet as I'm pretty sure she'll enjoy chewing through it!

Grapefruit sparkle does sound nice. I really wanted the Yellow and Gold colours but they're still sold out :( Xx

Try stop and grow - worked whilst I used it on my son.

Got the yellow, however, not tried it yet. Xx

My daughter stopped biting her nails by using stop and grow and then on e they grew she loved having polish and now.... I do her nails regular, she loves having a mum as a nail tech (she is nearly 21 now lol)

I've just invested in vinylux!!! I'm quite excited about it really, I have a few ladies who would love gel polish but are having chemo or have other reasons why they couldn't keep colour on, so would maybe need to take polish off quickly. I've never invested in a polish before as in my opinion they became a bit redundant when gel polishes/shellac came out, however, I am now seeing a new market for vinylux. My only hope is that I can polish quick enough as I'm used to being able to perfect it without it drying on me!!

I would say for me it doesn't last any longer than opi or zoya polish, in fact it is pretty chipped already today, but it does dry quicker, although I use lumos with the other two ranges and that dries quickly too. For me it's no better than these other ranges, perhaps it dries a bit quicker and matches shellac. But I certainly will not be promoting it as longer wearing :sad:

Just thought i'd show everyone a client that I did Vinylux for last Sunday morning. She's had hers on for 7 days now & sent me a photo to show that she has had zero chips and still looks as good as the day I did her nails for her. Obviously there is some growth there and as i'm still new to nails, my cuticle area is not a very tidy rounded shape at the bottom but i'm quite impressed! Especially because I had so many problems to begin with when I used Vinylux. I could not recommend it highly enough now!

Attachments

• Mel's after a week.jpg
    Mel's after a week.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 464
My Vinylux set arrived today and so I had to have a play and I absolutely loved the brush, consistency and application was perfect!

Here's a pic of my nails...colour used was Tropix

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370368581.708049.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370368581.708049.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,388

Latest posts

Back