Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I posted a thread on here the other day about whether CND are getting rid of their nail polishes and it was closed as there was something that was replacing it that was going to be massive and it was all hush hush, I am assuming this is Vinylux but I just had a few questions as I can't seem to see on S2 website any of my answers, thought I'd post on here.

Is it literally just applied as a nail polish is? i.e. no need to cure?
whats the benefits? is it a hybrid of shellac and normal nail polish?
do you need to scrubfresh the nail at all or just use polish remover to "squeak" the nail?

Thanks ladies in advance :) xx

I don't know much about this new product but CDN never used nail polish remover to cleanse the nail place, so it would be scrubfresh.

I think this new product is in the same colours as Shellac, so clients can touch up their Shellac manicures.

It is being launched on May 1st I'm sure all your questions will be answered then.

So far, we know it is a 7 day polish that requires no basecoat, just 2 colour coats and the Vinylux topcoat and 8 and a half minutes later it is completely cured. No lamp required.

All other details will be available including prices on Wednesday, although I suspect anyone attending The Event will know all about it before then :green:

I just got an email from S2 about it and from my Scottish distributor The Centre, where I shall be heading first thing Wednesday to see it in action.

It is being launched on May 1st I'm sure all your questions will be answered then.

So far, we know it is a 7 day polish that requires no basecoat, just 2 colour coats and the Vinylux topcoat and 8 and a half minutes later it is completely cured. No lamp required.

All other details will be available including prices on Wednesday, although I suspect anyone attending The Event will know all about it before then :green:

I just got an email from S2 about it and from my Scottish distributor The Centre, where I shall be heading first thing Wednesday to see it in action.

WOOHOO thank you...i KNEW it would be something in between regular polish and shellac with no need for a lamp! THIS IS BRILLIANT, im sorry im just so excited!!! xx

I have been wearing Vinylux for 2 days now. It looks great other than my right thumb and index fingers which have wear from me removing nail polish without a plastic backed pad. The wear is across the free edge. I cannot wear regular nail polish as it starts to chip hours after I apply it. I like wearing gel polish but I get bored of it after 3-4 days so removing and reapplying takes too long. Since I've been wearing this for 2 days without chipping (other than my index and thumb), I think I will be wearing this all the time!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367117505.100403.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367117505.100403.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 361
I have been wearing Vinylux for 2 days now. It looks great other than my right thumb and index fingers which have wear from me removing nail polish without a plastic backed pad. The wear is across the free edge. I cannot wear regular nail polish as it starts to chip hours after I apply it. I like wearing gel polish but I get bored of it after 3-4 days so removing and reapplying takes too long. Since I've been wearing this for 2 days without chipping (other than my index and thumb), I think I will be wearing this all the time!

How'd you get hold of it then? I thought it wasn't released until 1 May?

Just wondering what the wearability of Vinylux over enhancements is like and is the shine as good as Shellac?

I rarely do Shellac on natural nails but most my sets are Shellac on enhancements so hoping this could be a good choice for those who have infills as I get so fed up of buffing off Shellac ... Any ideas whether this will do well over enhancements?

Hi, if you haven't already, join the Vinylux social group. There is a Vinylux Q&A posted.

I would imagine (as I haven't DONE any) Vinylux will last FAB on enhancements as does most regular polishes. I really like the fact that it truly is DRY in 8.5 mins. :)

I used Vinylux on my nails Friday night and they are still super shiney.

HTH!

I think I got lucky, tbh. I bought it at Cosmoprof which is a licensed professional only beauty supply. Usually they don't have new stuff for weeks after launch, but that day they had Vinylux top coat and Vinylux color in asphalt so I scooped it up! I went back 3 days later and was able to get the pinkies of the summer colors. They said they are going to have all colors on Wednesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

18 hours to go - yaaaaaaaaaay. I am hoping the wall rack with all the colours is available.

I have never been so excited about a new product, but Vinylux has captured my imagination. I am relaunching my business after a year or so and see so many advantages with Vinylux for both clients and myself. Whilst I will most probably retail, my main thrust will be as a service. For me its a quick service to do with a low cost - and a quick removal. For the client - again it is quick, low cost and of course will last 7 days for most.

I know some have said why would people go to a salon to have it applied when they could buy it themselves and do it. Well, my thoughts are that the price point of the service V the cost of purchasing just one bottle of one colour will perhaps pursuade customers to have the service instead of buying a bottle. This is for people who want to change their colours regularly - Shellac is for those who dont.

Anyhow we will see. I will be doing a lot of marketing and will see what happens.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
x

I know I will be sitting up till midnight for the launch too.
I have been on the american site and seen the start up packages and wall racks and really hope they bring them out over here. I am hoping its not just the kit with the 10 colours in which was given out to thoses lucky people who went to the event (yes I am jealous)
Roll on midnight xx

18 hours to go - yaaaaaaaaaay. I am hoping the wall rack with all the colours is available.

I have never been so excited about a new product, but Vinylux has captured my imagination. I am relaunching my business after a year or so and see so many advantages with Vinylux for both clients and myself. Whilst I will most probably retail, my main thrust will be as a service. For me its a quick service to do with a low cost - and a quick removal. For the client - again it is quick, low cost and of course will last 7 days for most.

I know some have said why would people go to a salon to have it applied when they could buy it themselves and do it. Well, my thoughts are that the price point of the service V the cost of purchasing just one bottle of one colour will perhaps pursuade customers to have the service instead of buying a bottle. This is for people who want to change their colours regularly - Shellac is for those who dont.

Anyhow we will see. I will be doing a lot of marketing and will see what happens.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
x

Sophie how many are you buying? x

Latest posts

Back