Violet colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
Hi all, a client messaged me yesterday and has asked me to do this colour on her next week.
upload_2017-6-17_13-49-35.png
At the moment she has level 4 hair with 100% grey roots which are about an inch long. The last couple of times she coloured her hair was with a box dye(dark brown) so she has quite a build up of colour.
Would I be better off using a bleach bath and get her as light as I can or should I use a colour remover eg Effasor. Also can anyone recommend a brand that I can match that colour to. I usually use L'Oreal but not sure they have anything llike this.
I have explained to her that it is a very high maintenance colour and will fade considerably after a few washes but she would still like to go ahead.
Look forward to reading your comments and advice. Thanks

Maybe try a strand test using Affinage INFINITI b:RED in Magenta? I've used it before and it works well.
It can lift through old colour but obviously, if it's heavily saturated with box dye, it might be worth giving it a quick bleach bath or using a colour reducer to remove a lot of the colour build up.

I prefer to recommend a strand test as you can't always be certain that the products they've used previously don't contain metallic salts, as a lot of the home dye kits aimed at grey hair often do!

Maybe try a strand test using Affinage INFINITI b:RED in Magenta? I've used it before and it works well.
It can lift through old colour but obviously, if it's heavily saturated with box dye, it might be worth giving it a quick bleach bath or using a colour reducer to remove a lot of the colour build up.

I prefer to recommend a strand test as you can't always be certain that the products they've used previously don't contain metallic salts, as a lot of the home dye kits aimed at grey hair often do!
Thank you for your reply. I have never used Affinage b4 but think I will give it a go. LIke you said I will strand test first. Thanx.

Thank you for your reply. I have never used Affinage b4 but think I will give it a go. LIke you said I will strand test first. Thanx.

I have just read up on Affinage infiniti b:red in magenta and it says it is used for off scalp only. also my clients hair is level 4 and it says to use magenta on level 6 and above. when you used it was it on an all over colour or in foils. I'm a bit confused now.

What about maji 5.20 then weave some P/l and pop on 200 in Revlon colour bombs. You could retail her one of these then too :)

What about Loreal colourful hair range in Electric Purple?

This seems almost an exact match to la Riche directions in plum

I was going to say la riche in plum

It looks like wella 55/66

Latest posts

Back